Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2016
SpyShelter Firewall (Evaluation)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
HitmanPro
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Internet Explorer
Mozilla Firefox (+ Aurora and Nightly builds for Evaluation)
Google Chrome (+ Dev and Canary for Evaluation)
Opera (+Next for Evaluation)
Safari 5 for Windows (Random Testing)
Maintenance tools
RadeonPro (Well if you count GPU tuning)
D

Deleted member 178

Unfortunately, the rules deny multiple config threads, this revival may lead to the death of your Mac config; which one you choose to keep?

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Unfortunately, the rules deny multiple config threads, this revival may lead to the death of your Mac config; which one you choose to keep?
I would rather keep this one.

However it would be nice to be able to put multiple configurations inside one post.

I have just tried to combine all my configs into here.

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
From the ashes of the old Inspiron desktop brings new hope. I have revived my Inspiron!
Good for you, Chromatinfish! I am very happy to hear how CPR (the Computer's Perennial Revival) brought your Inspiron back into the light of life!:D For some inexplicable reason :rolleyes:I feel particularly satisfied by the way you've condensed all of your security configurations into one!:cool:
If you've access to another computer (perhaps another one also in need of reviving) you may have an additional alternate recipient for either games on 7 or for a Windows 10 upgrade which, coincidentally, we have installed recently upon my wife's older Sony Vaio from the Windows 7 SP 1 she'd so loved. If you do upgrade, do download the update assistant/media creator which worked well for us. Now, the life of her lap top has likewise been revived, and performance has increased noticeably.:) Speaking of games, after being unable to play Candy Crush Soda this evening on the King Game's site, Mrs. Cats was delightfully surprised to find she already has the corresponding App on Windows 10. Amazingly, she just needed to log on to her account, and was then up and running on a game she'd not been able to play online, didn't know she had, but is now very pleased she does!:p
Back to your new configuration for an older Inspiron, Well Done!:D

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.