Ciprian's security Configuration

ciprian

Thread author
Verified
Oct 26, 2013
This Is what I have. Sometimes I have hard times with Outpost configuration. I am mainly trying to replace my Ad blocker seeing no reason in having 2 layers in this direction, but it seams like Outpost will generate far to many alerts and block to much of wanted content. Happy with my AdGuard so far.

Reactions: Exterminator

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for sharing your config, it's a good one.:) I agree with Fanstasy, setting UAC to default (at the very least) is for your own good protection. We've opted for "always notify" on our Windows 7. WinPatrol Plus, likewise, acts as a good reminder for both you and your system, so I know you'll appreciate the added security!
Try "ScritpBlocker" for Chrome, I like how it works.

Reactions: Oxygen

ciprian

Thread author
Verified
Oct 26, 2013
Thank you for your advice. I will try ScriptBlocker. My issue with UAC is that is doubling my Outpost for nothing.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

SifhX

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2014
Hi,

HTTPS Everywhere, Ghostery and WOT are good add-ons for Chrome and FF

ciprian

Thread author
Verified
Oct 26, 2013
Great advice guys, I will try everything to see how it suits me.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Agree with guys above, thanks for sharing your configuration :)

ciprian

Thread author
Verified
Oct 26, 2013
Something in my configuration is causing any of my browsers to hyperventilate. I just added PaswordBox as an add-on since I have a subscription. Is there any particular place I could post to figure it out?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Something in my configuration is causing any of my browsers to hyperventilate. I just added PaswordBox as an add-on since I have a subscription. Is there any particular place I could post to figure it out?
Try turning everything off, see if problem persists...
If yes, then is not bind with your security config
If no, the start turning on one by one of your programs and see what program is "guilty" ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Looks Good!! Set UAC to at least default.Thanks for sharing your config :)

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Last edited:

ciprian

Thread author
Verified
Oct 26, 2013
I have my WebGuard turned off (this was the first step I did), but still it is hyperventilating. Outpost should play well with Avast since Avast Internet Security is using Agnitum's firewall. I am planning on turning off my security layers as BoraMurdar suggested here. Any other advice will help. I have read the thread you provided- my firewall blocks everything if it is told to do so.

ciprian

Thread author
Verified
Oct 26, 2013
Thanks for sharing your config, it's a good one.:) I agree with Fanstasy, setting UAC to default (at the very least) is for your own good protection. We've opted for "always notify" on our Windows 7. WinPatrol Plus, likewise, acts as a good reminder for both you and your system, so I know you'll appreciate the added security!
Try "ScritpBlocker" for Chrome, I like how it works.
I was unable to find the ScriptBlocker extension but I run into ScriptSafe and I am trying it right now.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I was unable to find the ScriptBlocker extension but I run into ScriptSafe and I am trying it right now.
ciprian, ScriptSafe should do essentially the same job blocking unwanted scripts (those you'll decideo_O to either keep blocked or allow..) as does ScriptBlock https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/scriptblock/hcdjknjpbnhdoabbngpmfekaecnpajba Choosing which extensions work best for you can prove to be among the nicest parts to "The Odyssey" (sharing personal choices) experienced when setting forth from The Island of knowledge we affectionately call MT!:D Ghostery & "Disconnect" https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/disconnect/jeoacafpbcihiomhlakheieifhpjdfeo are two 'favorite' & somewhat similar extensions I've used after reading and learning of them here; and both are excellent!;)

Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.