Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Comcast Calls Off Time Warner Cable Merger
The Huffington Post | By Alexander C. Kaufman & Jenny Che
Posted: 04/23/2015 3:12 pm EDT Updated: 04/24/2015 2:59 pm EDT

n-COMCAST-TWC-MOBILE-large.jpg

Comcast has scrapped plans to merge with Time Warner Cable in a $45.2 billion deal that would have combined the country’s two largest cable and broadband providers, the companies said Friday.

The move comes two days after the Federal Communications Commission said it planned to oppose the deal, joining lawyers from the Justice Department who felt it would not help consumers. The FCC said it would issue a “hearing designation order” that would prolong the deal, making it more difficult and expensive for Comcast. On Friday, FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler said the merger posed "unacceptable risk to competition and innovation."

(Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/23/comcast-time-warner-merger-off_n_7129492.html)

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
I think that consumers are better off without this merger, which would've given the combined company a virtual monopoly. And my own experience of being an employee of company merger(s) is that a lot of dedicated, hard-working, long-term employees also end up getting screwed.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I think that consumers are better off without this merger, which would've given the combined company a virtual monopoly. And my own experience of being an employee of company merger(s) is that a lot of dedicated, hard-working, long-term employees also end up getting screwed.
Hello aztony. I hope among the many 'dedicated, hard-working, long-term employees' you've witnessed experiencing loss, some were able to bounce back and recover some of their positions of livelihood along with that deeper sense of purpose.
I agree. No merger benefits most people, particularly the consumers, except for those whom stood to gain ever greater profits from already profitable businesses. The corporate 'monopoly', as represented by the board game of the same name, stunts healthy competitive growth; & un-like nature's predators which strengthen healthy herds, mankind (if allowed) will :eek:cannibalize it's own into extinction.

Last edited:
Reactions: aztony
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.