Comodo Announces Global Availability Of Latest Version Of Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuketB

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 6, 2015
Hi Everyone;

We would like to share with you the new release CIS 8.2 press announcement.

About Comodo's Containment Technology

Comodo's containment technology – built into CIS 8.2. - ensures that any unknown application that attempts to run on a consumer's PC does so inside a virtual environment – without impact or disruption to the consumer. CIS 8.2 then isolates and analyzes all of the identified unknown files, destroys any malware or bad files, and allows good files to execute seamlessly.

Comodo's containment technology has been battle tested in the most hostile of security environments – the endpoint – where consumers are constantly attacked with the threat of viruses, spam, and other forms of malware. Since the launch of Comodo Internet Security, Comodo introduced a $500 'virus-free' guarantee to any consumer who gets infected using the product – with no valid claims to date.

New Features of CIS 8.2

An improved antivirus engine, which simplifies the performance and increases the protection for a consumer's PC
A permanent "upgrade" button on the main user interface frame, allowing consumers to easily upgrade to Comodo Pro or Comodo Complete, whenever they want
Windows 10 Support, to complement current compatibility with Windows Vista and XP
Both Vietnamese and Romanian language support, which now makes 25 total languages supported by CIS

Foundational Technologies of CIS, Seamless to the User

All of Comodo's Internet Security products – including Premium and Pro versions – include:

Patent Pending Containment Technology, which contains and runs any unknown files in an isolated environment preventing today's threats instead of detecting yesterday's
Default Deny Protection, where unknown files are automatically contained
Antivirus, which tracks down, isolates and destroys the malware a consumer's old anti-virus may have missed, providing total protection
Anti-Spyware, which detects spyware threats and destroys each infection
Bot Protection, which prevents malicious software from turning a consumer's PC's into zombie machines used for cybercrime

Source: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...rity-software-300065668.html?tc=eml_cleartime

Kind Regards
Buket
modify_inline.gif

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
It's amazing, even after all these year's still patent pending. I still see all their suppose technologies as a load of waffle, and that's putting it nicely. If this containment 'technology' is so good, why is it not implemented throughout the antivirus industry, probably, as Melih puts it "the antivirus the biggest fraud in the security world," no pun intended, but is Comodo not an antivirus.

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
It's amazing, even after all these year's still patent pending. I still see all their suppose technologies as a load of waffle, and that's putting it nicely. If this containment 'technology' is so good, why is it not implemented throughout the antivirus industry, probably, as Melih puts it "the antivirus the biggest fraud in the security world," no pun intended, but is Comodo not an antivirus.

You are right mostly. I look at the "patent pending" as to "unfinished" which seems correct and it's not a bad thing from my view.
Let's take the "statistical sandboxing" concept (not just sandboxing anymore) which is actually new in the security world.

Minor observations :
1. Most vendors do not use default-deny concepts at all and rely on signatures only.
2. Most vendors do not give away anything (clarification: as in desirable, complete) for free to consumers.

Last edited:

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I agree, Kaspersky uses a default deny approach, avast! uses their own sandboxing technology, but why not go for the patent, instead (to me) it shows that, either a) it costs a lot of money, or b) the product/technology would not pass. In this world nothing is free, at university I learnt you buy cheap, or go free and you end up twice as much and I have always stuck to that concept.

I did, at one point use Comodo and was on their forum, why did I leave, the moderators are rude and Melih keeps coming up with the same arguments year after year, or he would/will write on stupid comment and all the members would pounce on it like a load of wasps on jam. I like a professional approach, if I cannot trust the staff, nor have faith in them I won't use the software.

Reactions: zeusc4
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.