Mini Spy

Latest Threads

1. Warning Welcome to MalwareTips.com, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn about PC security and computers.
    As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but you can not create new threads or reply to an existing one unless you are a registered member. By joining our free community you will have access to post threads, start private conversations with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features.
    Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join us today!
  2. Emsisoft  Mobile Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com: Emsisoft Mobile Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for Emsisoft Mobile Security to protect your Android smartphone. We are giving away Emsisoft Mobile Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get an Emsisoft Mobile Security license key!

3. Zemana AntiLogger Unlimited GiveawayEXCLUSIVE: Zemana AntiLogger Giveaway

Get a free license key for Zemana AntiLogger. We are giving away 300 Zemana AntiLogger license keys for our awesome members!

Get a Zemana AntiLogger license key!

4.  NoVirusThanks EXE GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com : NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro Giveaway

Get a free license key for NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro. We are giving away NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license keys for our awesome members!

Get a NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license key!

5. ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com:ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security. We are giving away ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get a ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license key!

6. Windows XP End Of Support

After 12 years, support for Windows XP has ended on April 8, 2014. There will be no more security updates or technical support for the Windows XP operating system. Without critical Windows XP security updates, your PC may become vulnerable to harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software which can steal or damage your business data and information. Many software vendors will no longer support their products running on Windows XP as they are unable to receive Windows XP updates. Most PC hardware manufacturers will stop supporting Windows XP on existing and new hardware.

7. Tip of the Day Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons
    Be wary of pop-up windows that ask you to download software or that offer to fix your computer. Often these pop-ups will claim that your computer has been infected and that their download can fix it – don’t believe them. Close the window and make sure you don’t click inside the pop-up window. Do not open files of unknown types, or if you see unfamiliar browser prompts or warnings asking you to open a file. Sometimes malware may prevent you from leaving a page if you land on it, for example by repeatedly opening a download prompt. If this happens, use your computer’s task manager or activity monitor to close your browser.

Comodo Dragon 27.2

Discussion in 'Comodo' started by Nige_40, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Nige_40

Nige_40 Guest

Comodo Dragon 27.2 is now available for download

NEW:
    - Dragon is based on Chromium 27.0.1453.116.
    - Dragon includes PrivDog extension.

Also you can get Privdog extension, PrivDog can install protection for the Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome browsers on Windows systems. http://www.privdog.com/index.html
  2. Nige_40

Nige_40 Guest

Updated my post
  3. Huracan

Huracan Administrator Staff Member

AdTrustMedia is the parent company to PrivDog, https://adtrustmedia.com , so PrivDog is the whitelisted Ads from AdTrustMedia, while preventing Malvertising?
  4. Nige_40

Nige_40 Guest

I have posted info to one of the Admins on here

about this, but I'm just waiting if I'm allowed to tell you all about the info I found out.
  5. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Guest

What did you find out Nige_40?
  6. Huracan

Huracan Administrator Staff Member

This is what Nigel uncovered:
    https://forums.comodo.com/privdog-b303.0/

Take a read.
  7. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Guest

Thanks Earth. So comodo wants us to trust an ad company to only serve clean ads? LOL. I'm sorry but I don't want to see any ads whilst browsing no matter how much it help the ecosystem. It seems so far like Comodo are just using their user base to gain revenue via a 3rd party ad company.
  8. Littlebits

Littlebits Super Moderator Staff Member

I can understand the logic for displaying ads from a trusted sources but I don't think many users will want this, they would rather block all ads.

How will any adblocking product know the difference between trusted ads and untrusted ads? I guess it depends on their ad partners, they will simply allow ads from their partners and block others?

I just don't think this is a good ideal for the end users but probably better for Comodo since they will get support from their partners.

Hopefully Comodo Dragon will allow you to remove this extension and use Ghostery and Adblock Plus instead.

Awhile back Adblock Plus also offered a similar feature to show non-intrusive ads by default.

Thanks.:D
  9. Nige_40

Nige_40 Guest

Many Thanks Earth for posting on what I uncovered.

Regards

Nigel
  10. Nige_40

Nige_40 Guest

More info about Privdog

This is was Melih says: Guys, that company is mine..

I am a serial entrepreneur:)

whatever concerns you guys have let me know...will be sorted...

I just thought I do some feedback!

But many of you will say I'm still not interested or says I am interested.

The Decision is yours :)

Regards

Nigel
  11. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Guest

I wouldn't trust Melih as far as I could throw him. Just my opinion.
  12. Littlebits

Littlebits Super Moderator Staff Member

I will have to agree, would you depend on Melih to decide on which ads are to be trusted? I'm sure all Comodo would put all of their ad partners in the trusted list just like they did on CIS whitelist.

Thanks.:D
  13. Nige_40

Nige_40 Guest

I agree to what Littlebits says and I have to smile at Zeroday's comment :)