Comodo Dragon - Updates

Have you ever tried COMODO Dragon browser?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It's my default browser

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

Testing the drag n drop right now, i like it. If you do a lot of research like i do, the drag to search is handy.
dragndrop_zps24f914e5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Comodo Dragon gains controversial new Chromium-based look, tightens privacy tools

comodo-dragon.jpg

Comodo has unveiled a controversial new version of its Chromium-based browser with the release of Comodo Dragon 36.1.

The version number reveals that the browser is now based on version 36 of Google’s open-source Chromium browser, but the new release has already divided users with its major user interface changes. It also unveils an improved PrivDog privacy tool, plus fixes several issues with Adobe Flash.

The browser’s main aim is to provide a more secure browsing experience than Chromium by offering additional security and privacy features, such as switching to Comodo’s own DNS servers and providing integrated link scanning tools for helping block malicious downloads.

Version 36.1 extends this feature further by tweaking Comodo Dragon’s PrivDog privacy tool to offer improved compatibility and feature-handling.

The most controversial change in Comodo Dragon 36 is the revamped user interface, which sees the Comodo Dragon button (and menu) dropped from the top left-hand corner of the screen. Users now access this menu from the right using the same hamburger-shaped button found in other browsers.

The Comodo logo has also been moved from right to left, although the black color scheme remains. Users main focus of complaint is that the browser loses many of its distinctive features, and now looks much more like Google’s own Chromium variant, Chrome.

Explaining the move, Comodo has revealed that mirroring the Chromium look should result in future updates arriving quicker -- "we’d rather be coding security and privacy than moving a logo or a button from left to right", one product manager stated. As things stand, Comodo Dragon is already running an outdated version of Chromium (which is up to version 39).

Other changes include full support for Chromium themes, allowing users to skin the browser differently if required, the promise of improved stability and performance with Adobe Flash, a refreshed app icon and numerous bug fixes.
Source

Comodo Dragon 36.1 is now available for download from comodo.com:

https://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/browser.php

Noteworthy elements in the new version.

- Dragon has been upgraded to Chromium 36.0.1985.97.
- Adobe Flash stability and performance issues resolved.
- Improved PrivDog privacy tool feature handling and compatibility.
- New improved visual look with increased usability and performance from previous version of Dragon.
- Full support for Chromium Theme which often were broken in the previous Dragon.
- Refreshed application icon.
- Numerous bug fixes.

Unlike the previous Chromium Secure release, all existing Dragon features have been implemented in this Dragon release.
Source

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
"Dragon 48 & Chromodo 48 do not support Windows XP"

Has Comodo stopped support for Windows XP completely, or just the Chromium-based browsers?

I read (The safest web browsers for Windows XP and Vista) and says Chrome/Opera is supported until the end of April 2016.

What's new for both Chromodo & Dragon?
- Chromium code base has been updated to 48
- Fixed! Race condition can cause attackers to implant dlls - Reported by Greg Linares of CyberPoint SRT
- Fixed! Updater can be used to execute unsigned files - Reported by Andre Derek Protas of CyberPoint SRT

Source: Chromodo 48 & Dragon 48 are now available for download - News / Announcements / Feedback - CD

Reactions: Petrovic
Y

yigido

Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce the release of Comodo Dragon Version 50.14.22.465

What's new for Dragon?

- Chromium code base has been updated to version 50.
- A IP/DNS leakage detector feature has been added. IP / DNS Leakage
Detector helps you to see what information can be seen by the web sites
that you visit. In these web sites, site owners, advertisers, widgets
can track and collect these information.
- Disabling WebRTC as a built-in feature has been added. Comodo Dragon helps users to enable and disable WebRTC by a built-in option. Disabling WebRTC feature is listed under the Security section in Settings page. By unchecking the option, you'll be able to disable WebRTC. After option is unchecked, tab has to be closed closed and re-opened to disable WebRTC in the active tabs. WebRTC comes enabled by default

Download Path

Dragon v50.14.22.465:
http://download.comodo.com/browser/release/dragon/dragonsetup.exe

MD5: e018b275fcc426344eb909eb984ebe9c
SHA-1: 6771A7383A27F41C51F588C5DFFBAB0C16B6FA2B
SHA-256: FC769417D334440925A9DB42C55E3F18AF6B4DDC88510D550B58D7836C35B0D5

Thank you for your all feedback for COMODO Browsers! We have collected all of your feedbacks and created a list of improvements and new
features. We really appreciate all of your contributions to provide you a great browser.

Enjoy!

Comodo Dragon Team
Source: Comodo Dragon Version 50.14.22.465 released. - News / Announcements / Feedback - CD

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I had issues where web pages wouldnt load so i removed it! never again will i install it.....

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.