Battle comodo firewall or windows 7 firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmido66

Thread author
Jun 19, 2014
does the firewall in windows 7 is better than comodo firewall or i should install comod firewall ?

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
win7 firewall for normal user is more than enough. if u want advanced hips and controll over the internet wich programm can connect and wich not, than install comodo+ comodo firewall have cloud analyse for unknown programs.

Reactions: Littlebits

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Windows Built-in firewall is enough imo in most cases :)

You can consider using CFW with maxed setting if you really like it, that will be powerful.
I used CFW maxed without any AV module a little time ago and it was a really strong protection, and personally very light on my system, one of the best config i've ever tried :D

Give it a chance this way ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Comodo Firewall cannot be compared to Windows Firewall. Comodo contains a lot of other features that increase it's proactive protection. So in tests from Matousec, it will score better as it's includes an IDS and BB to catch the unknown.

If you know the differences, you'll know the answer to your question.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I agree that Win 7 Firewall is adequate. I do miss the McAfee Firewall that showed who was pinging me. It was 80% good old Google. Several times it was strange sites. Anyone know how ping works? Are they trying to access my computer?

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
i vote for window firewall; always experienced issues with comodo and all in all window firewall is enough for daily net use (with some brain of course):)

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Depends what you want your firewall to do.

If you want your firewall to stealth ports and block inbound intrusions then Windows firewall is your best bet.

If you want HIPS, autosandboxing and a host of configuration options then Comodo`s firewall is the one to choose.

Both are light on resourses.

Regards Eck:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.