App Review Comodo Internet Security 7 Test and Review (Default Settings)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Good:
-Nice UI
-Has a lot of themes to customize it
-Low memory usage (7MB)
-High detection rate 98.8%
-Light on system
-Web blocking was great in nonsandboxed browser
-Has Virtual Desktop which is very cool

Bad:
-Nothing.
Overall rating: 5/5. I definetly recommend this free internet security suite, and maybe i'll replace Avast with Comodo.

Video:

YouTube pisses me off with this thumbnail on video :mad:. Enjoy ;) !

Karl Hustler

Level 1
Verified
Jul 10, 2014
I've always liked CIS, a full suite for free.
Exactly the same software as the paid option just with the paid option I believe you get Geek Buddy, which is a live support service by Comodo.
I did notice sometimes it likes the CPU, I only notice this because of my "made in Bedrock" PC :)

Reactions: MalwareT
I

illumination

Thread author
Comodo is basically dead. They have kept CIS barely going, while dropping most of development on their other products. Poor support, poor products, poor management.

There was a time the Comodo firewall, was a powerhouse, useful..

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Comodo is basically dead. They have kept CIS barely going, while dropping most of development on their other products. Poor support, poor products, poor management.

There was a time the Comodo firewall, was a powerhouse, useful..

I look at it this way, with a detection rate of 98.8% which is pretty much superb for a free security suite, one cannot really complain, especially now that Avast! is on a downslide.

Reactions: vrb93
I

illumination

Thread author
I look at it this way, with a detection rate of 98.8% which is pretty much superb for a free security suite, one cannot really complain, especially now that Avast! is on a downslide.
I look at it this way, it can have 98% detection all it wants, if i spend most of my time trying to fix behavior's from rushed poor development, then it is a waste of my time, and hard on my machine.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I agree 100% with illumination - Melih was so confident he would beat the likes of Kaspersky, Bitdefender, eset etc., yet you now hear nothing from him, apparently the forums are now only monitored by moderators and the staff have vanished! Terrible software, probably in 6-12 months it won't be around...

Tony :)

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Bro First thing Each every AV have some cons, so posting that there nothing bad is something unrealistic.
The day when an antivirus will capable of blocking all the hacker that day i will agree that AV do not have any cons but that day will not come.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
yes it has low FP but it's difficult to install in an underpowered PC like mine. currently i have 2 client PCs with Comodo installed

M

MalwareT

Thread author
Bro First thing Each every AV have some cons, so posting that there nothing bad is something unrealistic.
The day when an antivirus will capable of blocking all the hacker that day i will agree that AV do not have any cons but that day will not come.

That's my opinion, that i've said it above.

Reactions: MrExplorer
M

MalwareT

Thread author
I agree 100% with illumination - Melih was so confident he would beat the likes of Kaspersky, Bitdefender, eset etc., yet you now hear nothing from him, apparently the forums are now only monitored by moderators and the staff have vanished! Terrible software, probably in 6-12 months it won't be around...

Tony :)

And i was sceptical about Comodo, i tried it now, and it's not terrible. I'm gonna uninstall Avast! and install Comodo, i really like program, and i appreciate that they offer this security suite for free. I don't understand why some people are thinking that paid is good, free sucks. Everyone has it's opinion and my opinion is that i'd rather buy myself an icecream or something than annually pay for security program.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I don't understand why some people are thinking that paid is good, free sucks. Everyone has it's opinion and my opinion is that i'd rather buy myself an icecream or something than annually pay for security program.

i think along the same line too. i never spent anything on AVs free versions served me well.

correction, i have 4 PCs at the shop with Comodo not 2. i installed it because i want to try it for myself because a friend told me it is lightweight. so far those PCs never had an infection in the last 5 months and works fine in our aging machines

Reactions: MalwareT

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.