App Review Comodo Internet Security 7 Test and Review (Default Settings)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
I

illumination

Thread author
And i was sceptical about Comodo, i tried it now, and it's not terrible. I'm gonna uninstall Avast! and install Comodo, i really like program, and i appreciate that they offer this security suite for free. I don't understand why some people are thinking that paid is good, free sucks. Everyone has it's opinion and my opinion is that i'd rather buy myself an icecream or something than annually pay for security program.
I agree that free programs are just as good if not better then paid, my whole system is proof that i value that, as i now run nothing but open source/linux.
I was a big supporter of Comodo for a few years, at times, run nothing but all comodo products on my machine, but....

Their products have all gone down hill, many have been dropped completely from being supported/developed even though they are still obtainable through the forums and Comodo's website. I personally sent a few messages to Melih to help bend his ear, and place certain things in a proper alignment, with no response from him what so ever. Now if you go into the forums praising Comodo like it is king, he will pop on and thank you, but he does not wish to hear anything else. Their browsers are severely out of date, and buggy to say the least, as well as many of the other products.
CIS, well, it was good at one time.. If you were to spend some time in the forums, and see all the bugs/hassles replies from staff, and over all in general fighting/fanboy treatment, it would turn you off real quick.

M

MalwareT

Thread author
i think along the same line too. i never spent anything on AVs free versions served me well.

correction, i have 4 PCs at the shop with Comodo not 2. i installed it because i want to try it for myself because a friend told me it is lightweight. so far those PCs never had an infection in the last 5 months and works fine in our aging machines

I will always use CIS, i also have Comodo Dragon Browser with Chrome and Comodo Killswitch with Cleaning Essentials, and i replaced Windows Task Manager with Killswitch.

zeusc4

Level 4
Verified
Feb 2, 2013
Comodo is basically dead. They have kept CIS barely going, while dropping most of development on their other products. Poor support, poor products, poor management.

There was a time the Comodo firewall, was a powerhouse, useful..
100%true
I installed comodo internet security long time ago. Now I'm trying to move on. However I still install comodo on my desktop computer, but I barely use it. I'm not going to recommend Comodo now . I see in here some people still recommend comodo. However my understanding is those people new to comodo that's why they are still recommend

You know nothing John snow :-D :-D

Last edited:
Reactions: Game Of Thrones

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I was a member of their forums, and experienced the Comodo fanboys; who are really nice when you agree, but disagree and who've had it! Even Melih will join in, which every product has faults, but they seem to think that it's 100% perfect.

I visit the forum and have chatted to one moderator who said the staff have very little input on the forums, even Melih has gone quiet ;)

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
The strength of CIS is the firewall, the AV isn't that great, using a better AV such as Avast Free or 360TS with Comodo Firewall is a stronger solution than using CIS IMO

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
If you knew Comodo 5-7 years ago , and compare with what it is now , you will do what all old non-fanboy users did : get away from it.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
If you knew Comodo 5-7 years ago , and compare with what it is now , you will do what all old non-fanboy users did : get away from it.

No idea how it performed these last 5-7 years, was a Sophos/G-Data/Avira user back then. Only used Comodo this year. And I'm not a fanboy :p

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
CIS is one of the best free avs out there. maybe the best if u tweak it the right way and know what u can allow and what u need to block on pupops.so why go away from comodo if u can have one of the best avs for free every software have bugs. for me i have never forced into a bug or something like that its just working.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I will always use CIS, i also have Comodo Dragon Browser with Chrome and Comodo Killswitch with Cleaning Essentials, and i replaced Windows Task Manager with Killswitch.

These "advanced" Comodo tools were created for infected systems, so I don't think it's required to use Killswitch or CCE on your current machine. Process Hacker, Process Explorer or System Explorer are 3 alternates, free and very good software for process management.

About the Free vs Paid. I don't think anyone has said Comodo Plus, Pro or Complete are better than the Premium (free version). There was a time that Comodo software was always free, but now they're advertising paid products with additional GeekBuddy Remote support (which installs additional software on your PC, can you trust this?).

Comodo has been slowly going downhill for a long time.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.