COMODO Internet Security 8.0.332922.4281 BETA Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepierrezou

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
"
Hello Everyone,

We are excited to announce that COMODO Internet Security 8.0.332922.4281 Beta is ready for your review.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and support during the BETA testing! Thanks to your feedback and the excellent work of our teams worldwide, we have addressed 120+ bugs and several improvements over the last CIS 7.0 release. You can see a selected set of these in release notes section below.

What's new in 8.0.332922.4281?

New

Policy based automatic-sandboxing
  • Ability to create automatic sandboxing rule based on various parameters such as file reputation, file origin, file source etc
  • New default auto-sandboxing policy which is fine-tuned to isolate risky unknown applications
Hardware virtualization support
  • When Intel VT-x or AMD SVM Virtualization extensions are available, Enhanced Protection Mode makes use of these technologies and CIS operates at hypervisor level
Extended Logging
  • CIS can now send security and configuration events to Windows Event Logs

Improved

Viruscope
  • Viruscope is now enabled by default, monitors more activities and works on sandboxed applications as well as not sandboxed ones
  • Viruscope performance is improved

User Interface
  • The advanced settings window has been redesigned to provide a better layout

Fixed

We have addressed many issues reported by our users in this release. Here are a selected few
  • Enabling Viruscope causes file sharing violations
  • Killing certain malware can cause BSOD
  • Certain keyloggers can sniff keyboard while sandboxed as partially limited
  • Office 2013 documents downloaded from the Internet sometimes cannot be opened inside sandbox
  • Microsoft Outlook cannot receive email inside sandbox
  • Multiple issues exploited by malware to bypass certain protections
  • Firewall blocks fragmented UDP traffic even if this option is disabled
  • Incompatibility between Cisco Anyconnect Mobile VPN and COMODO Firewall

What needs to be tested?

The most important feature of this BETA in policy based Automatic-Sandboxing. So the most valuable bugs are the REPRODUCIBLE bugs which are related to system stability issues, compatibility issues, and crashes.

You are more than welcome to test all other features as well.

Bug Reports

Please post all bug reports & BSOD's in the Beta section of the forum. The required format is given here:
http://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/required-beta-bug-reporting-format-t101349.0.html

Download Location

Comodo Internet Security
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4000_beta/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe

Size: 211M ( 220810816)
MD5: 55f2a9f52fc0bdc0fd97d85a7fe5dcdc
SHA1: 32d16ae99c7e5204528ba385f6c417d29a50a53b
"
Source : http://forums.comodo.com/beta-corne...ity-803329224281-beta-released-t106855.0.html

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Good news, indeed!!
Finally less new features and more improvements..
I think what every Comodo user wants is a less buggy and a more stable program..
Protection is, one way or another, one of the best.
Looking forward to stable release.
Thanks for the info, @thepierrezou!!

Reactions: silversurfer

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
download it right now. want to test virusscope and policy based sandbox. :) i had the hope that comodo does something with the av engine to improve it.

Y

yigido

Good news, indeed!!
Finally less new features and more improvements..
I think what every Comodo user wants is a less buggy and a more stable program..
Protection is, one way or another, one of the best.
Looking forward to stable release.
Thanks for the info, @thepierrezou!!
I see you changed from Privatefireall to Comodo FW :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kent and OneDay
S

starchild76

just had a looksee over at the comodo forums and one of the members asked if this build had a new av engine encorperated. so is comodo working on a new engine???

Y

yigido

File submission bug did not fixed. They won't planned to fix it in this release but it planned in a release of 8.x in the upcoming months.

Reactions: Malware1

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Darn right stupid if you ask me. They have had the file submission bug for years and they still cannot fix it. But, I do expect there to be 300 bugs fixed :p:p:p

Reactions: Malware1
S

starchild76

Darn right stupid if you ask me. They have had the file submission bug for years and they still cannot fix it. But, I do expect there to be 300 bugs fixed :p:p:p

understatement of the year??? :p my ten cents : 500+ atleast! hahahahaha

Reactions: Tony Cole

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
No thanks, don't want more bugs from comodo. :D
Funny that this is a beta version and their supposedly stable releases still have bugs.. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.