App Review Comodo Internet Security 8 Final Test (MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

lhgamds

Level 1
Jun 26, 2014
Nice review :):)
by default setting, like AVAST, detecting PUP in file raing setting is disabled.
and in full & quick scan setting, PUP and cloud scanning options are also disabled.
not only the weirld autosandbox setting, but several settings are weirld.
so I recommand changing configuration to proactive and disable HIPS.
It's better than default setting. :D:D

Fel Grossi

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Great review, congratulations. I feel CIS very weak in Default mode, however, his "Proactive mode" is unbeatable, but more difficult for users with little knowledge.

You tried to delete the "Unrecognized Files" but you deleted and not clicked in "OK", you closed the window then nothing has been deleted. See in 16:58 and 25:57

Thanks bro!

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Great review, congratulations. I feel CIS very weak in Default mode, however, his "Proactive mode" is unbeatable, but more difficult for users with little knowledge.

You tried to delete the "Unrecognized Files" but you deleted and not clicked in "OK", you closed the window then nothing has been deleted. See in 16:58 and 25:57

Thanks bro!
That would explain the number of files remaining the second time I "deleted" them. Thanks for the observation. :)

Nice review :):)
by default setting, like AVAST, detecting PUP in file raing setting is disabled.
and in full & quick scan setting, PUP and cloud scanning options are also disabled.
not only the weirld autosandbox setting, but several settings are weirld.
so I recommand changing configuration to proactive and disable HIPS.
It's better than default setting. :D:D

I also use Proactive configuration (with a few other modifications thrown in their too). :)

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
You mention in video you use CIS7 on your Host.
Any reason you haven't 'upgraded' to this version yet.

I

illumination

Just for fun, you do not have to make a vid if you do not feel up to it, but try a few tweaks and a malware pak.

Anti-VIrus: Change from stateful to on-access
Firewall: Safemode to Custom, then run some of your programs to create rules before testing.
Configuration: change to Proactive as suggested above.

Unless they have changed it, you can not disable the HIPS completely, you can force the other modules to react first though by clicking disable HIPS.

CIS is full of every tool one would need, if they understand how to use them. There is a reason you have Sandboxed browsers, right click options to sandbox, Killswitch.

If one had their system set up as above, surfed in the Browser sandbox, opened all unknown files with right click sandbox option, and utilized Killswitch for checking processes, one could stay relatively safe. :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I use Comodo AV 8 on default settings and everything runs fine no problem at all and very light about 15-20 MB:D.
In version 8 they have enabled Cloud Scanner on default settings as you can see on this video;).
I was expecting more from the sandbox when running the remaining files.At first it caught some files but then it went completely quiet,this is very strange but never happened to me:p.
Thanks for the great review MalwareDoctor:)

Reactions: MDTechVideos

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
It`s great to see the way Comodo can be configured to suit all the different types of users.

I`m using v5 firewall at the moment and am considering AVG to run with it ?

As soon as I can get a test machine up and running I want to test CFW with the HIPS enabled to check out any conflictes etc.

Another good detailed review MD,thanks.

Regards Eck:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.