Comodo Internet Security Free 7 (Manzaitest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pros
  • + Very simple interface
    + Improved Antivirus engine
    + Sandbox catches up very well
    + very light
CONS
- Not recommended in newbies
- Sandbox not totally, malware are found by NPE after reboot

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Set sandbox at "partial limited" = low low lvl.

"- Sandbox not totally, malware are found by NPE after reboot"

If you want true SB set at full virtualized.

PD: "- Not recommended in newbies" true

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Thanks for the review Manzai, I agree CIS is not suitable for newbies, CIS does a very good job when it's tweaked, which for newbies those things are kinda annoying or simply make them confused :D
Although the AV engine it's not as good the others, but the "Prevention" and proactive defense is pretty good and does the job beautifully done.

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Last edited:
Reactions: yigido

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Did they fix the "submit file" or you get the error again ?

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Finally, Comodo & BlackIce PC Protect (End of Life) are my fav products of all the time :D
I don't like the bugs in Comodo & BlackIce is still the best product I've seen :D
DefenseWall doesn't love me in W7 (the gimzos 100 years promo).

Sorry for the offtopic :(

Reactions: kmr1684
Y

yigido

Thread author
Finally, Comodo & BlackIce PC Protect (End of Life) are my fav products of all the time :D
I don't like the bugs in Comodo & BlackIce is still the best product I've seen :D

They will fix it asap.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
Comodo Av seems to be improved, but this sandbox.:confused:...........I prefer HIPS instead.
URL filter is sleeping i guess, or it was out for coffee......:D

URL filter is sleeping i guess, or it was out for coffee......:D

not all the time but sometimes, i think now a days even every products doing this:D:p

Reactions: Kent

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014

BlackIce PC Protect (End of Life)
this is only the product i liked and used in my winxp system,:D period.:cool: sweet memories never come back, never again,:mad::confused: never going to happens in near future.:rolleyes: i missed it a lot. :(:confused:

Reactions: Kate_L

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
They will fix it asap.

i hope they will very soon,:D i can't hold my desire to use the whole cis suite and tweak it according to my need,:rolleyes: come on comodo people fix it properly so that i can use it again,hear me loud and clear i want my CIS back, give it back to me like good old CIS version 5.x, do you hear me. sorry for offtopic, sorry i can't control myself after waiting for long time without it. :oops::mad:

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Is the untrusted setting for the sandbox just as good as fully virtualised with HIPS enabled ?

Seems some people dont enable the HIPS but have the sandbox set to fully virtualised.

Enjoyed the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.