Not open for further replies.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I have had Comodo for about 2 weeks and when I update the signature database it has a update everytime I check is that normal it is like it is not installing the signatures properly and the signature database is always on 23025 and hasn't changed. Does anyone have the same problem
upload_2015-8-23_21-50-15.png

Reactions: Logethica

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Latest Comodo Virus definitions - Link

Latest Database Version: 23069
Release Date (all times GMT): 23-Aug-2015 00:59:13
Number of Definitions Added Today: 25393
Total Definitions: 42584285​

Comodo virus definitions can be updated manually, if the automatic update does not work - More information

Reactions: Kent

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I think the OP is saying that he's updating the database of Comodo but it seems that Comodo isn't properly installing the updates. Instead of updating the database, Comodo stays with the signature version number 23025.

Reactions: Logethica
H

hjlbx

@Andrew999 - this one can be difficult to determine what is causing it. Broken updates is common problem with most softs, including Windows. In your case it can be anything from corruption somewhere on system\CIS to bad CIS rule(s).

Try Run cleanmgr and see if that fixes it. To be honest, I doubt it.

Check firewall rules and make sure Comodo Internet Security is set to "Outgoing Only" or "Allowed Application."

I always try to disable and then reenable the security configuration. For example, deactivate Proactive Security, activate Comodo Internet Security, then reactivate Proactive Security.

Disable firewall and see if that fixes issue. Also try other modules, AV, HIPS, Sandbox...

In any case, I suggest some easy things to be done first - instead of the whole Comodo uninstall\reinstall rigmarole.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hmm.. seems the database version isn't refreshing properly. Have you considered to reinstall the AV component?

D

Deleted member 2913

HJLBX has mentioned few things to try...

Also try to run diagnostics from the help above in the main GUI i.e "?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.