OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
1)What's the purpose of this service ?
2)How it works ?
3)Who is it for (business,home users etc.) ?
4) More info about this ?
"Valkyrie is a file verdict system. Different from traditional signature based malware detection techniques Valkyries conducts several analyses using run-time behavior and hundreds of features from a file and based on analysis results can warn users against malwares undetected by classic Anti-Virus products." - Valkyrie

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
1)What's the purpose of this service ?
2)How it works ?
3)Who is it for (business,home users etc.) ?
4) More info about this ?
OneDay have explained Valkyrie in his post.

I would like to add --- I & other users had tested previous Valkyrie. Its malware detection/zeroday malware detection, etc... was awesome with very few FPs.

Lets see what alls new Valkyrie
Comodo Devs mentioned its going to be integrated in CIS in the future.

Yigido, a member here mentioned in Comodo forum new Valkyrie is amazing in detecting malware/zeroday malware.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
@BuketB mentioned\alluded to a possible incorporation of Valkyrie into CIS... I suppose as an additional lookup to FLS, CAMAS, Safe List, Black List, etc...

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 55474
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
New Valkyrie though a work-in-progress is a lot faster analyzing & giving results compared to previous Valkyrie.
Could be not all detection technology implemented yet.
Once it goes stable then we'll see.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Valkryie is been in exist in a long term which bundled from Comodo as integrated Cloud Analysis. Which why you may use without AV and rely on that part. ;)

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Very fast. How accurate it is I don't know. I have a file that I use to extract data from RPG maker games files. It is consider malicious by many AV's so I used it to test. Static called it malicious, however the dynamic said no threat found. Seems to be going into the right direction and I can see myself using it a lot. Bookmarked.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
How to use this ValkyrieHunter app?
https://valkyrie.comodo.com/apt_tool/download/ValkyrieHunter.exe

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Last edited by a moderator:

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
Very impressed with analysis time. I'm shocked when malware analysis is done in less than 1 minute. Crazy.

Edit:
Referring to human analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.