Configuration according to Porkpiehat...

Windows Edition
Home
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Comodo Firewall 8 ( Proactive, and HIPS enabled ),Qihoo 360 TSE (BD, Avira disabled), VoodooShield Pro, WinPatrol Plus
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana Anti Malware, Malwarebytes Anti Malware
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Cyberfox - Disable DHE, Ghostery, HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Settings, Bitdefender TrafficLight
Waterfox with same extensions
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Auslogics DiskDefrag
D

Deleted member 178

Do you have to allow it every time you execute the same program?

no because you can add the process in 2 kind of whitelists (user space or power app), depending the mode you are using.

You've heard of the boy who cried wolf, right?

yeah but Appguard really do its job ^^ on lockdown mode nothing not allowed by you can be launched.

there is an awesome review on Appguard lying somewhere on MT, i will bump it for you.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Because you like red herring. I was pointing out the fundamental flaw in UAC. :p
hehe. AppGuard does look spiffy. Now give it away so I can have it. :D

Reactions: Deleted member 178

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
installed Panda Global Protection 2016 Beta... love the application setting!!

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Yeah, since dat WoW expansion, demses pandas be gettin' uppity lately....gotta protect the world from'em!

Article says it runs on Win10...may take a look.

Reactions: porkpiehat

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
will add RollBack Rx Professional... (competition win.. many thanks to all involved!) after a system defrag and optimise..

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
removed Panda
added 360 TS and NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro.. loved Panda, but the new additions coupled with UAC are a touch more robust for when I start playing with beasties..

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@porkpiehat : Even though there's no conflict better yet disable WD when a third party AV is installed to avoid any possible colliding detections. ;)

H

hjlbx

yeah, cool... what setting are you using with ERP?

Most of the time Lock-Down Mode. When I test various softs or malwares I use Alert Mode. Either mode is good for typical daily use.

The only thing I do not like is that I get double alerts from Comodo HIPS and ERP during testing. No big deal on clean system = get 0 alerts - except sometimes after legitimate software and Windows updates get both Comodo and ERP alerts. Other than that... it's great.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.