Guide | How To Configure Kaspersky for Stealthing all ports.

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
There are many kis lovers and fanboys. I am also currently using kaspersky 2011. When you are using kasperskys default settings you try to do any stealth test like Grc ShieldsUP! you will fail as all your ports wont be stealthed, although some will be and some will remain closed. The stealth ports will also vary each time you run the test. This is due to the adaptive behaviour of kasperskys firewall. . So to make all your ports stealth follow the guide and config KIS for max security follow this guide.[ Guide applies for 2011 and 2012 version of KIS. Can also be used on Kaspersky Pure]
1- Open Kis
2-Go to settings-- select firewall
3-Under network rules select settings
4-Go to packet rules tab
5-Look for the entries any "Any incoming TCP streams" and "Any incoming UDP streams".
[attachment=868]
6- Now right click on the permissions column and select "blocked" for both of them.
7- This would stealth all your ports.

For more security
1- Go to proactive defense tab
2-Select settings
3-Tick on all the check-boxes.

THnx this is my first thread at this forum.

Attachments

• kisimg.PNG
    kisimg.PNG
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,580

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I have read that changing those 2 ports to BLOCK, is not recommended!

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Nope its perfectly ok. Anyway after hours of searching(not related to this topic), i found this at kis forums. Any way i am currently using it and facing no probs.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Due to the nature of this section of the forum, none of the threads here can be stuck here, since they'd all be important. The search function is supposed to be used for finding things in this section.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Stranger said:
This tweak did not work in my case Despite of all ports stealth Grc result is Fail
If you read your thread, the issue is not that the ports are not in stealth but that they could ping your computer.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
elliotcroft said:
Stranger said:
This tweak did not work in my case Despite of all ports stealth Grc result is Fail
If you read your thread, the issue is not that the ports are not in stealth but that they could ping your computer.

yes i know that and i have mentioned in my post too that all ports are stealth but by unchecking/blocking icmp the test result pass. :)

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
I saw this lengthy thread at another forum about KIS 2012 and stealth. Kaspersky has a different idea about stealth so they removed it from version 2009. LINK

There seemed to be a lots of idea there whether to stealth or not-to stealth :)

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
jasonX said:
There seemed to be a lots of idea there whether to stealth or not-to stealth :)

The problem with the 'stealth' concept, is that there is no such thing...

Someone has decided at some point that if their computer doesn't respond to standard networking protocols, they will be invisible. :rolleyes:

This is not the case...

The problem is, that if a computer makes a request, (A simple ping, for example) it expects a response. This is standard networking protocol. Yes, even if a machine is turned off, a reply that the host is unreachable will result if a machine is pinged.

This lack of a response because you're 'stealthed' actually tells someone (if they care) that not only is there a computer at that address, but it's actively dropping requests. :exclamation:

So much for 'stealth'. :p

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Easy way to get total stealth. Just switch on Windows Firewall. IT is recommended not two use 2 f.w together but you can try as I have never had problems with it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.