Couldn't remove Panda and...

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
I went to a site today to ...try to be ready for backing up, and was reputable place. Downloaded Panda, which said after using, there is an uninstall button/link, which will promptly remove it. Safe enough, I thought. Then, just as I hit 'run', I wondered about the AVAM I had here and if they would 'lock horns...'

Thought Panda was probably light, and on the side scan, so told myself to calm down and completed the scan and went to try to uninstall it. Next to impossible! Tried taking it apart piece by piece, and was panicking, as I had hit task manager, and saw my computer at 100% usage and it wouldn't respond. They were fighting. Finally, as per someone's suggestion here, I had downloaded REVO ININSTALLER, which I went to, and it worked!! Thank You very much, MT!!

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Thanks, but I was quite angry, too, as the removal/uninstall was supposed to be 'just a click away', and it wasn't. It tried moving in here!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.