crowruin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2012
Is your Windows 7 updated to SP1?
Consider some type of backup solution
Consider adding a second browser

Oh duh I forgot I have Cyberfox but I don't use it at all Its just there just in case something happens with Comodo Dragon
also I feel like Im safe enough where I don't need a backup solution since I know my surf habits and what to do if a trojan or ransom gets by.

I also have an emergency Kaspersky boot CD with hiren's on there also thanks to SARDUCD.
obviously those 2 are for critical emergencies where Malware does manage to get through but Im very well capable of handling it :) since Ive been researching about this stuff for about 3-4 years and keeping up with the latest tools and software to keep me safe.

my dream after all is work at a computer repair shop even if its a small job I don't really mind.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Pretty good on configuration, well consider at least conduct a system image in case system restore failed or compromise. ;)

Reactions: JM Safe
D

Deleted member 178

Backup and Recovery:
None. I feel like I don't need one since Im very knowledgeable about Malware and the latest threats. I know what to do if an infection or file gets through :).

i am using a backup , even if i like fresh reinstallations, so i highly suggest you to use one because you will never be aware of a zero-day, until it hits you.

except that you are all good.

Reactions: JM Safe

crowruin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2012
i am using a backup , even if i like fresh reinstallations, so i highly suggest you to use one because you will never be aware of a zero-day, until it hits you.

except that you are all good.
which backup solutions do you recommend? I have used Macrium Reflect before. I think it had a bootable usb feature with it not sure if it was Macrium or some other one.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi, it is a very very nice config :)
But I totally agree with @jamescv7 and @Umbra Polaris ,because a backup solution is always fundamental.
You can use Uranium Backup, a free backup software made for Windows 7.
Thanks for sharing it, bro ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.