App Review Crystal Security BETA 3.5.0.98 (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
For who thinks that Virustotal can help an Antivirus to get 100% résult, need to see this test.
VirusTotal can't help an AV in all case.

Crystal Security goes in the right side with all new options and new good features but need to improve the database, I suggest to Kardo to leave VirusTotal (useless) and to try to get a good staff of malware searcher for a good internal database :)
And keep up the good work.

Thanks @Manzai

Regards

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
Thanks @Manzai for this test, I have also tested on a PC and the detection is low and with some issues with shell integration, Anyway I think with more work and more people supporting this project can become a good alternative. :)

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi Everyone,

@Manzai , thank you for the test. I will continue the improvement of the product.
@Dubseven VirusTotal usage is useful, low detection is mostly caused by specific error because another user here made review of Crystal Security latest version and it detected and blocked good amount of malware very well but also missed some.

Review by @thepierrezou http://malwaretips.com/threads/crystal-security-beta-3-5-0-98.36257/

@FreddyFreeloader I'll send you PM soon about Shell integration usage. ;)

Regards,
Kardo

Reactions: Manzai

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.