App Review Crystal Security BETA (Re-Test)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

Manzai

Thread author

URL : 100%
Old Malware : 98% (1.exe in memory)
0-day : 98% (Svchost.exe in memory)
Zemana 2 detects infection, Crystal Security has improved!
Unfortunately, HIPS Crystal Security is too limited (I suspect that malware could create startup keys).
Crystal Security should also automatically send undetected malware to its cloud server.

Stars : 4/5 => Very good

Congrats @Kardo Kristal ! ;)

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Manzai Thank you for the re-test! I'm happy with the result. :) but still needs improvement.
Now, we have many test of Crystal Security and I can now compare all tests. Important thing is:

What happened in previous tests (currently I believe that it is somehow related to Internet Explorer).
As we can see, no problems with Firefox - like in this test and in another test by another great user.

Regards,
Kardo

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Crystal Security is improving!!Many congrats to Kardo for his hard work;):).
Manzai very good review as always and continue the great work you are doing;)
p.s.: I know why CS did good in this test, before testing you submitted the samples to Kardo:eek::p:D:D of course i am just kidding, keep up the hard work both of you:)

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@tonibalas Thank you for the kind words. :)
Hehe, I know that you are just kidding about samples submission but I also can prove that it is impossible by Manzai:

1. Cloud detection is not currently under my control
2. Internal database is currently updated only with each new program version
3. Internal database is integrated into executable file

:)

Regards,
Kardo

Reactions: tonibalas

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Thank you for the explanation Kardo and continue the hard work, CS looks really good and to improve it a lot more.:)
p.s.: Of course i was kidding because from what i have read in the forum you seem a really nice guy and hard working(this is why your program is moving forward) and on the other hand Manzai is a trustworthy tester in this forum who doesn't seem to have a reason to do a good review just for you;)
Kind regards tony

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.