dejl13's Security Config

dejl13

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2015
I spend most of my time on my PC (Dual Boot Windows 8.1 x64 and Linux (Arch Linux).
Other than Windows Defender and MBAM on Windows I don't run any other security software. I do however have several virtual machines with all the free AV (to analyse malware) on my Linux host.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @dejl13. Your linux / Windows 8.1 system / OS X setup was fun to read!:) Creating a backup using Windows File History prompted me to read about it!:cool:
Running '..several virtual machines with all the free AVs on your linux host' illustrates your knowledge in safety.
Thank you for sharing!:D

Update: I'd like to share CCleaner for Windows..
...and BleachBit for Arch linux.;)

Last edited:

dejl13

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2015
Hello @dejl13. Your linux / Windows 8.1 system / OS X setup was fun to read!:) Creating a backup using Windows File History prompted me to read about it!:cool:
Running '..several virtual machines with all the free AVs on your linux host' illustrates your knowledge in safety.
Thank you for sharing!:D

Update: I'd like to share CCleaner for Windows..
...and BleachBit for Arch linux.;)

I've used CCleaner in the past but find no need anymore. I try to keep my PC clean and only ever install software I need.

I already have BleachBit, thanks though :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Well i guess it must be a good config as you are an expert so thanks for sharing. :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well that should be fine at all. ;)

No harm if you want to include Herdprotect or Hitman Pro as another on demand scanners for safety reasons.

dejl13

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2015
Well that should be fine at all. ;)

No harm if you want to include Herdprotect or Hitman Pro as another on demand scanners for safety reasons.

If it's an emergency, I have about two rescue-cds on my netboot server (using ipxe, nfs, http) :) Would be happy to post screenshots if you're interested?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
If it's an emergency, I have about two rescue-cds on my netboot server (using ipxe, nfs, http) :) Would be happy to post screenshots if you're interested?
Screen shots, yes.:) They make MT even more vivid!;):D

Last edited:
Reactions: jamescv7

dejl13

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2015
Here's a video :)

I had to modify memtest86+ and BitDefender images to work with ipxe.
I apologize for the quality, I forgot to tune OBS settings :p.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.