Home Anti-Virus Protection
Ashampoo_Snap_2014_11_04_14h46m00s_003.jpg

Ashampoo_Snap_2014_11_04_14h47m27s_004.jpg

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Thanks for the review info:

Kaspersky has done well, I've gone back to using KIS 2015. I'm kinda shocked that Norton has done so well, I watched the review The PC Security Channel and Norton failed?

Tony :)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
That was a good read. Seeing as that i use Norton which everyone seems to love or hate.

Reactions: Adhit Prakosho

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
Thanks for the review info:

Kaspersky has done well, I've gone back to using KIS 2015. I'm kinda shocked that Norton has done so well, I watched the review The PC Security Channel and Norton failed?

Norton 2015 was greatly improved, especially its Sonar engine. It has a low static file detection rate because it no longer focuses on writing such signatures anymore. However, my experience is that its layered protection is working really well. First you have download insight, which removes a lot of malware downloads. Then when you run it, there is the Norton Sonar to protect you. Its firewall is the best one in the market when it comes to stopping exploits. Conclusion: I am not surprised Norton did well.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Woooow....... they didn't tested Comodo, Avira , Panda !!!!! Those are very common security products in the market, they should have tested those also.....

Reactions: conceptualclarity

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
Woooow....... they didn't tested Comodo, Avira , Panda !!!!! Those are very common security products in the market, they should have tested those also.....

Vendors need to pay to enter such tests...I guess they didn't pay then, since Dennislab isn't as famous/popular as Av-test and Av-Comparatives.

echo1

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 18, 2014
I stopped paying attention to the so-called "testing" done by various organizations, companies, etc. many years ago. Most have agendas that influence the testing process/results (advertising $ being the biggest).

In my opinion, the test/analysis is suspect if the testing organization doesn't publish the DETAILED, written test protocol (one that produces CONSISTENT, REPEATABLE results) that was used in their testing process.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No surprise in Kasperksy, Norton, and Bitdefender when it comes in Dennis Labs Test which the methodology of use samples will be differ from others so take it as grain of salt.

Reactions: darko999 and NSG001

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Norton 2015 was greatly improved, especially its Sonar engine. It has a low static file detection rate because it no longer focuses on writing such signatures anymore. However, my experience is that its layered protection is working really well. First you have download insight, which removes a lot of malware downloads. Then when you run it, there is the Norton Sonar to protect you. Its firewall is the best one in the market when it comes to stopping exploits. Conclusion: I am not surprised Norton did well.

In the other hand Norton does mediocre at malware packs all over these forums. And in my VM test, it barely detects anything.

glasswitch

Level 2
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Not surprised about Norton, I have not had any bad things happen for yonks ( a long time) since I started using Norton 360 a few years ago. Wouldn't touch it before that because it had a lot of bloatware :rolleyes:and then they cleaned it up and reinvented it - it really provides great protection and runs in the background is very well behaved, not slowing down anything. Love it or hate it - each to their own. My computers. ipad and iphone run as sweet as can be with Norton 360 multi- device.:)

Reactions: frogboy and Manzai

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
test.jpg

Bitdefender is very low, I mean it's below McAfee..... In all the other test that I have seen (mostly Av-Comparatives) BIS was on the top 3....
Also would be interesting to know why they have tested the Free version of Avast instead of their Internet Security Suite.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi Jack

I'm currently using Kaspersky 2015 so am very pleased by the above results :cool: Would there be a difference between the free version of avast! and their internet security suite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.