Did Avast Free 2015 remove all pop-ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
I have read that they removed the virus database pop-ups but I haven't even been getting program update pop-ups or any ads (not that I'm complaining about this one). Is this normal?

Reactions: MalwareT

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@hopefully_secure No, some pop-ups in Avast Free cannot be disabled, and may additionally receive a pop-up to take a survey. For example:
upload_2014-11-8_16-42-9.png

To hide all Alerts and Pop-ups you can enable Silent/Game mode, but you will not receive any important notifications.

Reactions: hopefully_secure

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
Strange, I have the default pop-up settings but I haven't seen a single pop-up, yet I had them constantly in avast 2014. Thanks.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
hi, i have the same "problem". i install avast but for 3 days that i don t receive any pop up about virus database.

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
hi, i have the same "problem". i install avast but for 3 days that i don t receive any pop up about virus database.
The virus database pop-ups were removed as they were confusing people apparently, you are still supposed to get auto-update pop-ups for the program itself though, which I'm not. I'll try a clean install because avastsvc.exe is using up an abnormal amount of CPU anyways.

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
Ah, nevermind, I figured it out. Apparently it doesn't alert you when there is an update available if you have it set to auto-update the program itself, I was hoping for at least a heads up that one came out.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
but i go to uninstall and install my AVG INTERNET SECURITY, i prefer avg, avast its too heavy on my pc

Circe

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 3, 2013
I've never heard of Avast slowing down or being too heavy for a PC. Very strange.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
i don t like avast, i had a bad experience once besides i have avg internet security that works very well in my machine

Reactions: Circe

Circe

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 3, 2013
That's fair enough. You have use what you feel comfortable with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.