Advice Request Does anyone use the tools (SuperAntiSpyWare)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I stopped using SuperAntispyware around the time when Malwarebytes became top dog. I rarely used the Tools either, because I had no issues with my computer, although might be useful for Windows XP users - since the OS is weak.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

The tools are quite handy and good at removing traces from spyware/adware but other second-opinion scanners could do the same... Tools are pretty much the only good part of it now. It shows you what is added to detection on every definition update, every 30 days they usually add about 20 things...

Wihat

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
SAS is very good at find and remove tracking cookies. Sometime i use it to scan PCs that rarely use it to scan( about 4-5 months), and i found around 700-1200 tracking cookies. I use it until now from the first time i use it

Reactions: frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Wihat: Well tracking cookies are harmless and can remove easily by using cleanup tool; however the problem of SAS it rely from cleaning those simple junks rather than dangerous threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.