donetao's Config!

Status
Not open for further replies.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I know someone will tell me to turn on UAC. It's cool but I don't like it bothering me all the time.:D
This is a great forum and I'm learning new things every day. I hope I'm also helping pass forward things I have learned.
Thank you for reading my config. Please comment and adsvise!

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Nice lean set up, i assume you make regular back ups with macrium ?

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Nice lean set up, i assume you make regular back ups with macrium ?
Yes sir I do! When ever I make changes or at least once a month. I have Paragon but seldom use it. I also use ERUNTgui to back up registry if I do any changing there.
Thank you for your reply!

Reactions: NSG001

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
maybe you should use Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Hitman Pro as On-demand Scanners... ;)

Reactions: OneDay

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
After thinking about this. In stead of listing all my software. I'm going to tempt to add a attachment of my desktop!
I hope it works;)
Capture48.JPG

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Replace Berlac Advisor with Speccy. Don't use Speedfan unless you know what you're doing ; the author once said that "A user once used the wrong config. His PC blew up, therefore killing him. He couldn't click the report button, so the issue remains unsolved. :)" (not exact quote, but I am vocalizing what I remember)

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi ! thanks for the advise about on line scanners. I know Hitman Pro is not freeware.
I will check them out. I feel pretty secure with what I have,but I will check them out.
I don't think I have ever been infected. If I have, it's been many years ago!

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Hi ! thanks for the advise about on line scanners. I know Hitman Pro is not freeware.
I will check them out. I feel pretty secure with what I have,but I will check them out.
I don't think I have ever been infected. If I have, it's been many years ago!
You're extremely secure, but you should add those.
HMP isn't freeware, but it's not worth the money either. I personally use it as a second-opinion scanner and manually delete any malware it finds, although some of them are false positives.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Replace Berlac Advisor with Speccy. Don't use Speedfan unless you know what you're doing ; the author once said that "A user once used the wrong config. His PC blew up, therefore killing him. He couldn't click the report button, so the issue remains unsolved. :)" (not exact quote, but I am vocalizing what I remember)
WOW! Sure don't want my PC to blow up. I just use speedfan to monitor temps and HD condition. I don't change any settings. I have used Speccy before. It's a great program!
Capture48.JPG

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
I fancy you should use Speccy. Because it does exactly the same. Your PC may not blow up, but it might be damaged because of erroneous config. :)

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I have no idea why an "Advanced" user like you would disable UAC. Mind explaining why ?
Also, AdwCleaner, JRT, etc. are considered as "On-demand scanners".

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I'm pretty secure with what I have on my PC. I feel like I know my machine pretty well.
I keep it cleaned up the old fashion way. I don't use any snake oil programs. I use the Windows tools. I also know the registry well and it does not scare me to go in it and use regedit F3 to clean up after REVO. I always have a back up image of my OS on a external HD
chkdsk
sfc /scannow
defrag
Memory Diagnostics
Disk clean up
And A few more!

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Still doesn't really answer my two precedent questions. Well, my precedent question, the second sentence is more of a statement.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I have no idea why an "Advanced" user like you would disable UAC. Mind explaining why ?
Also, AdwCleaner, JRT, etc. are considered as "On-demand scanners".
Hi Aura! I just feel like it's not necessary for me. I know it's there to help protect you but I'm very careful and it annoys me.
I guess I'm a little cocky, knowing I can recover from any disaster that comes my way. I have recovered several times and so my confidence is really high. Not much worries me these days.:D
Thanks for your question!

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I want to personally thank everyone here that has commented on my thread.
I have read each one and tried to respond appropriately.
I hope I haven't come off as being a know it all and cocky
I like to think that I'm confident instead.
I hope to get to know you all better and learn and pass forward things I have learned.
I'm still surfing the forum to see where I can get into trouble:D:D
There is a whole lot going on here. I feel for the staff that has to keep this forum operating. Not a easy job

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I always like UAC enabled even though I feel the same as you about knowing my PC's and what I put on them.I just like the reminder just in case I have a momentary lapse.Thanks for sharing your config :)

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I always like UAC enabled even though I feel the same as you about knowing my PC's and what I put on them.I just like the reminder just in case I have a momentary lapse.Thanks for sharing your config :)
Well at my age there are a lot of momentary lapse. I prefer to have UAC disabled for now.
It was my pleasure sharing my config. I'll ;)see you around the forum. I'm still learning about the forum!

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Well at my age there are a lot of momentary lapse. I prefer to have UAC disabled for now.
It was my pleasure sharing my config. I'll ;)see you around the forum. I'm still learning about the forum!

Thanks for joining I hope you stick around with us for a while.If you have any questions or I can help you with something feel free to PM myself or another staff member.Once again its a pleasure to have you aboard :)

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Thanks for joining I hope you stick around with us for a while.If you have any questions or I can help you with something feel free to PM myself or another staff member.Once again its a pleasure to have you aboard :)
Well Thank you for making this old man's day. I'm planning on staying around for as long as I'm welcomed here at MT. It is my pleasure to be aboard MT. Please feel free to settle this old man down when I get out of line here at MT. Just a PM and I'll straiten up and fly right.
Thanks exterminator20. Scarey avatar:D:D As you will see I like to clown around a little. I do know my machine and W7
Capture48.JPG

Reactions: Exterminator
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.