Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

harun892008

Thread author
Jul 31, 2014
I was on YouTube looking for a certain file, and came across it. I downloaded it and it was a .RAR file. I clicked on it and inside it had an application called "install.exe". I clicked it and it brought up some errors and closed everything that I had opened, including my computer. After this it restarted, but came up with a window similar to the one that pops up when you open an administrator program and it asks for the admin password. This said the following:

Window name: User Account Control

PROGRAM NAME: INSTALL.EXE

VERIFIED PUBLISHER: UNKNOWN

FILE ORIGIN: HARD DRIVE ON THIS COMPUTER.

To continue, type an administrato password and then click Yes.

(A Windows 7-like profile picture appears with the word admin next to it and a text box under it)

Under the text box there are two buttons.

"Get Password" and "Unlock".

Pressing Unlock will do nothing but pressing Get Password will bring me to a site called "gotlinks.co/2zCz", but since I use a mobile internet modem that needs to be started via a separate program, couldn't even use the internet.

I can't use the computer at all since it just throws that screen there whenever I try to start.

Also I have downloaded the farbar thing but for some reason my computer doesn't show the "repair my computer" selection when I try the F8 advanced menu

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

(And yes I did copy this from someone else from this site that had a similiar problem last month and am using my SISTER's laptop to even post this :I)

harun892008

Thread author
Jul 31, 2014
oh..thanks for reply..im now trying scan using the frst scan and here my log file

thank you

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    22.4 KB · Views: 95

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Download attached fixlist.txt and save it to your USB flashdrive as fixlist.txt

>> Boot into Recovery Environment

Start FRST in a similar manner to when you ran a scan earlier, but this time when it opens ....
  • Press the Fix button once and wait.
  • FRST will process fixlist.txt
  • When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt on your USB flashdrive.

>> Exit out of Recovery Environment and post me the log please.

Try to boot Windows normally...

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.