Dr. Web Starts Blocking Links to Pirated Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
Dr. Web, a popular antivirus vendor from Russia has introduced a new feature preventing users from visiting URLs that are suspect of infringing copyright.

SOURCE

wow antiviruses block you website visits based on content without your permission.
i have one thing to say even though i might end up receiving a warning from Admins here,

F U Dr. Web

Fingolfin

Verified
Oct 14, 2013
Pirated content is often infected or bundled with malware or can be obtained alongside malware. Basically, anything illegal or unethical online tends to attract malware. And considering it's illegal content, Dr. Web is well within their rights to make it an option for the user to block pirated content. The only thing stopping them is public opinion and they run the risk of losing customers.
I, of course, am not stating how things are, I am simply stating what I personally believe and don't claim to know anything more about Dr. Web than the information in this post includes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.