• No, it is Terrible.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DutchPlays

Thread author
Jan 11, 2015
What do you guys think? If you know some programs that I can add/use then please leave a reply!

Reactions: Kent

noladevildog

Level 1
Verified
Jan 11, 2015
I think MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) would be a good addition here. This recommendation comes with not knowing what UPC SafeGuard is, there may or may not be compatibility issues.

noladevildog

Level 1
Verified
Jan 11, 2015
MSE is useless... if UPC is powered by F-Secure, then it's enough.
Well based on my experience, with a little bit of common sense, and some preemptive measures, MSE is very good. The weakest link in any system is the user behind the keyboard. No security software is going to protect you from stupidity.

Reactions: starchild76

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Other than some type of backup solution and removing ClamWin your config looks good.Thanks for sharing it :)

Reactions: Kent

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Why do you think it's probably not good enough & in poll option you've suggested awesome? I just can't get if you think it's awesome then don't say that it's not, trust on yourself don't doubt. & welcome to MT :)

Last edited:

DutchPlays

Thread author
Jan 11, 2015
Why do you think it's probably not good enough & in poll option you've suggested awesome? I just can't get if you think it's awesome then don't say that it's not, trust on yourself don't doubt. & welcome to MT :)

I actually think that it could be better.

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
Your first priority should be to get a good backup software, my advice in this regard would be Macrium reflect free and stick with what antivirus you are comfortable with. Never use any registry cleaner, they are all like snake venom. Thanks for sharing your config.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well done on your configuration.

Regarding on backup, don't forget to have backups in USB/ External HDD for easy accessible on data. ;)

For scanners well if you wanted to add more then keep it on your backup, use it if you are really infected as those starters that you've mentioned are fine. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.