Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
EagleGet.jpg

Anyone heard about it, just read about it, and found some interesting links, and good reviews..
Official URL : http://www.eagleget.com/
Softpedia Review : http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/EagleGet-Review-321777.shtml
TechSupportAlert : http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/download-manager-could-be-next-best-thing.htm

Summary

✔ EagleGet is a free all-in-one download manager; it supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, MMS and RTSP protocol as well as popular online video websites.
✔ EagleGet can be integrated to Chrome, IE, Firefox, Opera, and uses multi-threaded technology to boost downloads.
✔ EagleGet has many advantages compared to other similar products. For example, EagleGet has ad-free video sniffer, and EagleGet is the first freeware download manager that supports automatic refresh expired download links.
✔ EagleGet has visually appealing interface, and it’s completely free without any virus, malware or spyware.

Features

* Accelerate downloads by using multi-threaded technology.
* Download online videos from popular sites.
* Optimized for HD and HTML5 web videos.
* Built-in Video Sniffer.
* Support MMS, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and RTSP protocols.
* Support HTTP and SOCKET proxy.
* Batch downloads function.
* Support fully customized User-Agent.
* Automatic refresh expired download address.
* Download files in Chrome, IE, Firefox and Opera with one click.
* Download different file types to separate folders.
* Monitor running and completed tasks with TaskMonitor.
* Built-in download scheduler.
* Supports drag-and-drop to rearrange the priority of downloads.
* Automatic run virus scan after download.
* Convenient task properties panel.
* Detailed connection log for each task.
* Verify integrity of downloaded files.
* Shutdown, hibernate or sleep computer after completing all transfers.
* Built-in speed limiter.
* Silent Mode (or Game Mode) function.
* Import download lists from other download managers.
* Supports multi-language interface (up to 20 languages).

Looks like a good free alternative to IDM / FDM , surely gonna try this one

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
^^ did you ever used IDM?? what do you think? can EagleGet can be compared with IDM??

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
I use long time Download Master
5tm15vn2cj.jpg

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Freeware. What's the catch? Home page in browser changed? Adware? Application phones home?

I've been using DownThemAll! extension but I am interested in EagleGet, anyone using it and have feedback?

Cheers.

Reactions: Kent

nishaddesilva

Level 3
Aug 26, 2012
MrXidus said:
Freeware. What's the catch? Home page in browser changed? Adware? Application phones home?

I've been using DownThemAll! extension but I am interested in EagleGet, anyone using it and have feedback?

Cheers.

I have used this a few months ago and it didn't contain any type of adware or homepage changers then. Hopefully not at present either. Not sure about it calling home. The speed was great. Almost as fast as IDM.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
been using it on my wife's machine and recommended it to everyone i know ever since i found out about it couple of month's back.
its the only worthy contender to IDM and its free which is amazing. if this was available 1-2 years back i wouldnt have bought IDM lifetime license :sigh:

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
^^ really?? that good?? then IDM has a real competitor and thats too for free??

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
tapoo said:
^^ did you ever used IDM?? what do you think? can EagleGet can be compared with IDM??

yes i am using it and its as good as IDM just try it you wont be disapointed

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
EagleGet is just as good or even better than IDM.

I have used both, about the only difference is EagleGet is free and IDM is paid all features are the same. EagleGet has a much better GUI and supports many skins.

I been using EagleGet for awhile and it is the best free download manager that I have ever used.

Thanks. :D

Reactions: Kent

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
^^ so many positive comments, thanks, just downloaded EagleGet

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
what about downloading youtube videos.....does EagleGet supports that now??? I had issue with it back then while downloading youtube videos...

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011
samit said:
what about downloading youtube videos.....does EagleGet supports that now??? I had issue with it back then while downloading youtube videos...

UWGE1ul.png

OH7sxdJ.png

Reactions: marzametal

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I think some sites/software have trouble downloading long videos, not sure if it's a limitation or not.

samit said:
I had issue with it back then while downloading youtube videos...

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
I think now youtube changed his policies as i feel,last year i downloaded a Adele video from her official youtube channel but 3 months ago when i try again with IDM not working ,youtube downloader not working ,i also try 1-2 other but not working so for some video it is not working.

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011
MalwareVirus said:
I think now youtube changed his policies as i feel,last year i downloaded a Adele video from her official youtube channel but 3 months ago when i try again with IDM not working ,youtube downloader not working ,i also try 1-2 other but not working so for some video it is not working.

VEVO channels stream their content from different servers, They don't use traditional Google/Youtube servers which is why some converters don't support it / have issues downloading. VEVO has done this to (try) stop people from using converters.

I tried various VEVO channels and they failed to work with EagleGet, How ever http://www.clipconverter.cc worked fine for Adele and other VEVO videos.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Thanks for share thats why i am cofusing coz it is very rare for IDM.
There is one other "free recoder" but now 2 year ago when i use it ,this is my best choice but now searching for it ,i redirecte to replay media catcher site which is showing me your computer is infected we are taking a part to stop bad computer so but some how i download its installer but MBAM recognize it as PUP downloader so i leave it otherwise it is best to catch and record :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.