Troubleshoot EagleGet Free Downloader not working in Chrome

prabath

Thread author
Sep 1, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
no download bar for you tube in chrome browser. Firefox has a one.need to fix it for chrome.any idea/fix/suggestions
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
i tried you tube .there is something about disabling NPALP. i think its not in chrome now.
help :)

prabath

Thread author
Sep 1, 2015
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Open Chrome and enter "chrome://plugins/" (without quotes) into the address bar. You can disable the required plugins here.

Reactions: prabath
Upvote 0

LAGUN

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 31, 2014
you can use browser extension and media grabber for download from youtube.
12.png

45.png

Reactions: prabath
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Tried Eagleget.

File download is fine.

Media download is not fine.
Internet Explorer - YouTube - Download bar didn't appear... atleast for few videos I tried.
Chrome - Previous Download bar was better & easy... current extension I dont like it.

It shows many media formats/duplicate formats.
Other downloaders gives 480p format. EG needs FFmpeg for 480p & other videos only to merge audio but didn't worked for me... i.e didn't merge but downloaded seperate video & audio file everytime I tried.

It would be good to have an option to show less/selected formats or not show videos only formats, etc...

Reactions: XhenEd
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well we need to clarify that the monitoring feature of EagleGet is focused on direct downloads (if you click the link which Eagleget must popup), so for IE that extension is work but for some reasons you need to install separately or use manual media grabber.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Well we need to clarify that the monitoring feature of EagleGet is focused on direct downloads (if you click the link which Eagleget must popup), so for IE that extension is work but for some reasons you need to install separately or use manual media grabber.
I have tried EG previously on YouTube & download bar use to appear with both IE & Chrome.
Since EG updates are often I think they have changed something like Chrome shows EG icon now next to address bar & on YouTube if the video is playing Chrome icon shows available formats... this new extension works on Chrome but I preferred old download bar on the video itself.
On IE I dont know if download bar function is not available now & no icon like in Chrome too.

Upvote 0

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Tried Eagleget.

File download is fine.

Media download is not fine.
Internet Explorer - YouTube - Download bar didn't appear... atleast for few videos I tried.
Chrome - Previous Download bar was better & easy... current extension I dont like it.

It shows many media formats/duplicate formats.
Other downloaders gives 480p format. EG needs FFmpeg for 480p & other videos only to merge audio but didn't worked for me... i.e didn't merge but downloaded seperate video & audio file everytime I tried.

It would be good to have an option to show less/selected formats or not show videos only formats, etc...

You have to download FFMpeg from here (not the whole installer from website) and then set the path to the executable as shown.

ddglBge.png

The duplicate formats (as you mentioned) for the same quality consists of videos in different formats encoded in Youtube. So it's not actually duplicate formats.

It works fine for me on IE, although it doesn't support Microsoft Edge browser (if yo're using Win10). Make sure that in the Manage add-on section EagleGet is enabled.

The old download bar was removed on Chrome because many users reported that the floating download bar was actually preventing them from watching the video's without distractions. I personally feel the extension model to download videos' is much better. Isn't that how most extensions now show the status, like uBlock (how many ads are blocked) and the like

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

You have to download FFMpeg from here (not the whole installer from website) and then set the path to the executable as shown.

ddglBge.png

The duplicate formats (as you mentioned) for the same quality consists of videos in different formats encoded in Youtube. So it's not actually duplicate formats.

It works fine for me on IE, although it doesn't support Microsoft Edge browser (if yo're using Win10). Make sure that in the Manage add-on section EagleGet is enabled.

The old download bar was removed on Chrome because many users reported that the floating download bar was actually preventing them from watching the video's without distractions. I personally feel the extension model to download videos' is much better. Isn't that how most extensions now show the status, like uBlock (how many ads are blocked) and the like
For FFmpeg I did the same as you have mentioned.

For duplicates - Do you mean 720p (Video Dash MP4) & 1280*720 (Video Dash MP4) are not duplicates?

Add-on was enabled but no download bar on YouTube in IE.

I didn't like the new EG extension model in Chrome. I personally prefer the download bar compared to the new model.

Upvote 0

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
For FFmpeg I did the same as you have mentioned.

For duplicates - Do you mean 720p (Video Dash MP4) & 1280*720 (Video Dash MP4) are not duplicates?

Add-on was enabled but no download bar on YouTube in IE.

I didn't like the new EG extension model in Chrome. I personally prefer the download bar compared to the new model.

Here is the download bar for me on Win 10 and IE 11. Try re-installing EagleGet making sure you re-set the preferences this time in one of the wizard windows during installation.

I haven't got any such duplicates, may be you are using an older add-on version. Are you using EagleGet 3.8 addon version in Firefox.

q41d5CU.png

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

@jackuars,

I tried EG 2 times & both the times didn't get the download bar in YouTube on IE. Had tried 8-10 videos. Could be that download bar doesn't appear on all the videos... does it appears on all the videos for you?

What is the EG addon version in IE on Win 10 for you?

I will try 1 more time & see....

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.