Battle EagleGet Vs Free Download Manager,which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
EagleGet Vs Free Download Manager,which is better? (free download managers )
your opinions pls............:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
I will say FDM is more stable than Eagleget.....Eagleget freezes and crashes a lot at least for me.....I am liking Download Ninja, it has improved a lot lately....

Reactions: Kent

Anurag Kuradia

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 17, 2014
FDM look like IDM but FDM video grabber is not that good like IDM .
And in IDM downloads are safe in different folders according to category (ex video,audio)
EagleGet is not so stable .

OVERALL
Resource Usage (eg: CPU, RAM):-> FDM
Real World System Impact--> ????
User Friendliness--> FDM
User Interface--> EagleGet
Overall Winner--> FDM
;)

Reactions: Raul90 and Kent
D

Deleted member 2913

I am ready ;) is that safe and clean (without virus) :cool:
Well there is a trick to use the trial version forever. No cracks, patches, etc...
You just need to delete a registry entry of IDM & trial is refreshed i.e the registry entry is created again & you get 30 days. After completion of 30 days just repeat the steps again.
I tried it once & worked. Lets see when the second trial ends it works or not.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I use FDM before but the issue is from browser integration feature sincd I use Opera it provides lower version thus downloads are not recognize by FDM itself even their Alpha version.

So I will stick to Eagleget.

D

Deleted member 2913

Is it necessary for Eagleget to start with windows or like FDM the option can be disabled & not required to be enabled to work?

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
I have both and I find that FDM is more stabler than Eagleget(portable). While it is dependent on your connection I seem to see that there are some instances that Eagleget (portable)has crashed on me. No crashes since 2007 with FDM. I use FDM with Flashgot in Cyberfox and Firefox. Downloading is a bit faster though in Eagleget.

Last edited:
M

MalwareT

Let's see... EagleGet .
Why ?
Never crashed or frozen,beautiful gui,easy to use,reliable,updates often,no crap bundled during installation,has portable version and much more. I don't believe that someone experienced crashes or something else,i use it for long time, so i consider that as bs.

Reactions: Raul90

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Let's see... EagleGet .
Why ?
Never crashed or frozen,beautiful gui,easy to use,reliable,updates often,no crap bundled during installation,has portable version and much more. I don't believe that someone experienced crashes or something else,i use it for long time, so i consider that as bs.
-- Hmm..Well it did actually stopped responding a couple of times..Maybe the crashes that I have experienced was due to conflict with something..it was in Windows 8.1 or that being a first time use. Been hearing a good lot views of Eagleget actually that is why I tried it out. Portable first. It may be noted that when it crashed on it, I restarted it and all downloads also restarted in a giffy. Anyway a re-install would be able to fix that. Actually kept it in Windows 8.1 :) Might you share some settings?

Reactions: MalwareT
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.