Expired Easter Giveaway on Softpedia

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Easter-Is-Coming-Unlimited-Giveaway-Campaign-by-Softpedia.jpg

Softpedia readers, pay attention because we have some exciting news to share with you. Since Easter is just around the corner, we are pulling several non-traditional rabbits out of the hat to celebrate the holiday in our own way.

This Sunday (April 20) we will be hosting a special giveaway promotion for Softpedia readers who happen to be Windows users, courtesy of a select group of software developers. We don't want to spoil the surprise just yet, so you’ll have to stay tuned to find out more.

All you need to know for the moment is that we have lined up applications for file backup and management, system optimization and tweaking, disc authoring, disk encryption and partitioning, photo viewing and editing, ad blocking and, of course, antivirus protection.

The giveaway promo will last for one day only (that's 24 hours), starting at 15:00 UTC (8:00 a.m. PDT/PST), so don't forget to pay us a visit this Sunday and get free, licensed, copies for the applications you need, want, or just like to keep around.

Apart from making the announcement here on Softpedia, we will be also spreading the word on our Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus accounts, so you can follow us there too.

And… one more thing: unlimited free license keys are up for grabs for most of these software programs, which means everybody's a winner! See you soon!

As far as I can see from the blurred picture above, 3rd logo should be EASEUS, 5th ESET, 6th Iolo System Mechanic, 7th is BackUp4All and the last should be AdAware :)

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
I'll miss that opportunity, If anybody could get one more ESET key for me , I'll be very happy :p:p

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
What a cheezy thing to do. They hyped this up to make it like whatever you clicked on you would get a license for when in fact it really is not a giveaway, it's a contest. You have to post in order for a chance to win.

I really f'en hate Softpedia, nothing they ever do comes without a catch. It's simply not worth it for me to spend half my morning making posts in "hopes" I will get a license.

Reactions: Mateotis

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
What a cheezy thing to do. They hyped this up to make it like whatever you clicked on you would get a license for when in fact it really is not a giveaway, it's a contest. You have to post in order for a chance to win.

Yes, that hit me quite hard too. :/

You can get a few without having to "take a chance", like Adguard and Backup4All.

Although basically I only want the ESET key. :D

Reactions: Malware1

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Yes, that hit me quite hard too. :/

You can get a few without having to "take a chance", like Adguard and Backup4All.

Although basically I only want the ESET key. :D

The Backup4All they are offering is the lite version, I'm sorry but I can find better backup software for free that has more options that what it has. As far as Adguard goes, I have used it before and it really is more trouble than it is worth.

I can't believe I got my hopes up for this for the last couple of days, I should have known better.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
1. Ad-Aware Pro Security 11 is a powerful antivirus application part of a line of four versions from Ad-Aware, alongside Free Antivirus+, Personal Security, and Total Security. It has more features than the first two, and less than the last one. These include a real-time safeguard against malware, multiple scan modes, scheduled tasks, along with web, network and email protection. It scored excellent in our tests for virus detection ratio.

Overall rating: 5/5
. Read our review and find out how to grab a key at Ad-Aware Pro Security's giveaway page.

Ad-Aware%20Pro%20Security.jpg

2. Adguard Web Filter 5 is a pretty resourceful ad blocker that can hide banners, messages, and other forms of advertisement while navigating the web, including specific elements pointed out by the user. It also provides protection from malware and phising sites, offers support for all web browsers, and features filters with custom-made rules.

Overall rating: 4/5. Read our review and find out how to grab a key at Adguard Web Filter's giveaway page.

Adguard%20Web%20Filter.jpg

3. Advanced SystemCare Pro 7 is already a household name among many users. Developed by IObit, this application suite contains a wide range of features dedicated to system optimization and maintenance (such as registry defragging and privacy cleaning), along with anti-malware scanning components and a manager for Android smartphones.

Overall rating: 3/5. Read our review and find out how to grab a key at Advanced SystemCare Pro's giveaway page.

Advanced%20SystemCare%20Pro.jpg

4. Ashampoo Burning Studio 2014 is a disc authoring application that gathers a lot of tools for creating and copying discs, creating and burning images, erasing rewritable discs, and so on. It supports audio CDs, MP3 and WMA discs, data CD, DVD, VCD, SVCD and Blu-ray discs, audio CD ripping, as well as file backup and restore, all wrapped up in a nicely designed interface.

Overall rating: 4/5. Read our review and find out how to grab a key at Ashampoo Burning Studio's giveaway page.

Ashampoo%20Burning%20Studio%202014.jpg

5. Ashampoo Photo Commander10 is an all-around photo suite that can be used for importing, managing and enhancing images. It supports all popular file types and features tools such as tagging, basic and advanced editing, uploading and sharing, slideshows, and photo calendars. The interface is attractive and user-friendly.

Overall rating: 4/5. Read our review and find out how to grab a key at Ashampoo Photo Commander's giveaway page.

Ashampoo%20Photo%20Commander%2010.jpg

6. Ashampoo Snap 6 is a software utility whose primary goal is screen capturing. Basically, it can be used to take snapshots from any environment, but it can also record video. Afterward, users may resort to its rich editing tools to enhance footage and prepare it for publishing or usage in other applications. Among others, the app supports file sharing via email, Facebook and Ashampoo Web Upload.

Overall rating: 5/5. Read our review and find out how to grab a key at Ashampoo Snap's giveaway page.

Ashampoo%20Snap%206.jpg

7. Ashampoo WinOptimizer 2014 is similar in functionality to Advanced SystemCare Pro 7. This suite comprises an extensive range of utilities that aim to improve, optimize, tweak and generally take care of the PC. Featuring one-click options and plenty of customization methods, the app is geared toward novices and experienced users alike.

Overall rating: 3/5. Read the review and find out how to grab a key at Ashampoo WinOptimizer's giveaway page.

Ashampoo%20WinOptimizer%202014.jpg

8. Backup4all 5 offers PC security by backing up and restoring files and folders. It features multiple saving locations and backup methods, encryption, a jobs manager, task scheduling, CPU prioritization, activity logging, and more. We ran several tests to evaluate its performance.

Overall rating: 3/5. Read our review and find out how to grab a key at Backup4all's giveaway page.

Backup4all.jpg

9. EaseUS Partition Master Pro 10 is a disk manager that includes numerous functions for first-time and power users alike, such as creating, resizing, moving, merging, copying, converting and wiping partitions, disk cloning, password protection, as well as automated tasks in a pending queue. It certainly makes the job easier compared to Windows' default disk manager.

Overall rating: 5/5. Read our review and find out how to grab a key at EaseUS Partition Master Pro's giveaway page.

EaseUs%20Partition%20Master%20Pro.jpg

10. east-tec SafeBit 2 proposes an effective security method for files and folders, by keeping them safe in password-protected vaults. Users may create as many safes as they want (with custom sizes). The app features a virtual keyboard to ensure protection against keyloggers. It can save passwords on removable devices, as well as create container files on the disk, CDs, DVDs, removable or network drives.

Overall rating: 3/5. Read our review and find out how to grab a key at east-tec SafeBit's giveaway page.

east-tec%20SafeBit%202.jpg

11. ESET Smart Security 7 needs no introduction. This feature-rich application suite is designed as a complete security solution against e-threats. It supports antivirus, antispyware, anti-phishing, HIPS, anti-spam, firewall, exploit blocker, anti-theft, and parental control modules. Smart Security tested very well during our evaluation.

Overall rating: 4/5. Read our review and find out how to grab a key at ESET Smart Security's giveaway page.

Eset%20Smart%20Security.jpg

12. System Mechanic Standard 12 is similar in functionality to Advanced SystemCare and Ashampoo WinOptimizer. It integrates numerous automated tasks for boosting PC performance and maintaining stability overall, featuring support for diagnosing and repairing over 30,000 different computer issues.

Overall rating: 3/5. Read our review and find out how to grab a key at System Mechanic's giveaway page.

System%20Mechanic%20Standard.jpg

To conclude, we here at Softpedia wish you a Happy Easter! Stay tuned for more giveaway campaigns! Follow us on ourFacebook, Twitter and Google Plus accounts to keep in touch with the latest giveaways. Now start clicking!

Edward ST

Level 3
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
The best thing in this giveaway is that Softpedia offers unlimited keys at Ashampoo products and it don't have any activation period.
But, you have to be in a contest in order to win a license of ESET from those 51 offered. o_O. The same with Ad-Aware, but with 100 licenses.

One more thing - iolo System Mechanic giveaway dosesn't work. It says "Guru Meditation".

koushik

Level 2
Verified
Nov 15, 2013
managed to grab 2 System Mechanic License keys :D don't know if I'm gonna use it though :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.