Elemec's Config 2.0

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Felt that i needed to make a new thread , As not every antivirus works on windows 10.
Suggestions , Please.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Looks good, but I don't know which antivirus would be best for Windows 10.

Also, why are you using Windows 10? Is it your Main OS?

Reactions: Kent

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Looks good, but I don't know which antivirus would be best for Windows 10.

Also, why are you using Windows 10? Is it your Main OS?
I've been testing , Since i really have nothing valuable on my computer , And maximum it is used for is for banking , But still no need for archives.
Yes it is my main OS , It seems to run better than win 7 was for me.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
I've already tested avira/360 , If i dont find any other interesting suggestion , Imma just stick with them again.

Y

yigido

Avira Free will be the good option as I suggested you on your old config.
You knew where you download it. It is great with good privacy policy and outstanding detection.

Reactions: Kent

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Avira Free will be the good option as I suggested you on your old config.
You knew where you download it. It is great with good privacy policy and outstanding detection.
Yeah , Imma see if i install it again.
My main problem is that comodo didnt worked correctly on windows 10 for me

Also , Since some configs i check have some " Reason " For be certain way , Imma post here :
Lightweight , As i normally play alot , And dont enjoy getting a huge ammount of lag.
Security , No need for this be a NASA pc , Just needed to protect me from things that would rather steal my account info , And cause bonus lag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yigido

Yeah , Imma see if i install it again.
My main problem is that comodo didnt worked correctly on windows 10 for me
They do not release a version that compatible with Win10, this is why it is not working on your system. Avira Free Antivirus and Windows Firewall is enough for you. Just watch out! what you click on the internet. Ok?

Also , Since some configs i check have some " Reason " For be certain way , Imma post here :
Lightweight , As i normally play alot , And dont enjoy getting a huge ammount of lag.
Security , No need for this be a NASA pc , Just needed to protect me from things that would rather steal my account info , And cause bonus lag.
Zemana Antilogger has a free software to prevent keyloggers and their free version now has SSL Intrusion Prevention feature.
Download : http://www.zemana.com/product/antilogger-free/overview/

Last edited by a moderator:

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Alright , Looking for a really lightweight browser , As i want to be able to use internet even when playing.
The most lightweight i've found so far is k-meleon that takes 4 video tabs to suck as much memory as firefox sucks for 1 single tab

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Recommended to use default settings, you have decreased the security of Windows 10 TP by disabling UAC. If your CPU supports 64-bit, why use 32-bit?

Don't download unknown programs and avoid phishing sites. Bookmark your trusted sites, and only use those links.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Recommended to use default settings, you have decreased the security of Windows 10 TP by disabling UAC. If your CPU supports 64-bit, why use 32-bit?

Don't download unknown programs and avoid phishing sites. Bookmark your trusted sites, and only use those links.

Problem is that i've changed that long time in the past and i've never remembered that.
Where can i re-enable it?
I use 32-bit because my windows 7 was 32 bit , And so the installer put me into windows 10 x86 (x32)

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
On the search box type " UAC " without quotes & press enter & change the settings.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Looks good !! I have been using ESS on Windows 10 and it seems to work well.IMO using the default security with UAC enabled would be fine

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
K-meleon and Superbird! Also,have you tried Hitman Pro Alert?
I tried K-meleon. It works good. Superbird dont , Though.
Yes i've tried , But i'm trying to leave this pc as fresh as possible , So imma just stick with what i have now security-related.
I dont download much stuff anyway

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
I'm thinking on trying midori browser.
Imma post my opnion after i'm done with it.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
K-meleon : Got some error opening pages , Unninstalled.
Midori : Crashes attempting to open itself , Unninstalled.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.