Not open for further replies.

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

I have some money to spend on a license and I can;t decide...please help.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Is this "license-only" money? :D
If it isn't you can follow @Anupam 's solution, but give me the money instead (Just Kidding on that Part :p). With that being said, you can spend your hard-earned money not on a license for an antivirus but something you actually want. I suggest Avast! Free for the UI and feature kit, or Qihoo 360 for the lightness and detection (It often ranks high in tests and uses quad-engines or more).

If it is license-money, you should get Emsisoft instead of Bitdefender. If you want Bitdefender, there are some 3/6 month giveaways posted on MT every month or so. I would actually recommend ESET if you want to sacrifice a tiny bit of detection rate for stellar (small) performance impact.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
As suggested by @Anupam why dont u try Bitdefender First. If that fits u then u may continue using those. Secondarily if that meet ur requirements i would suggest u to spend the amount over ESET. Emisoft would be heavy on ur machine. So i suggest u to use either Bitdefender or ESET

Reactions: nissimezra

FlimFlam

Level 1
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
keep your money, save it and buy something, Iphone Ipad PC, and use 360is the same and even better
The Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9 that I currently have installed came to me for free by winning a contest on another web site.I like it a lot.That being said,360IS does seem to be an awesome product.In my own opinion,360 IS is the best free AV available. I know there is 360 Total with Avira engine,but I just don't need all the clean this & that features that it offers. Both 360IS & Total seem to be great product.

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Spending money on a AV among the two is not advisable. You may grab a 9 month subscription from Bitdefender. I still would suggest you, if you really plan to invest in a AV go for Kaspersky. Rest its your choice. All the best.

Reactions: YogiTek
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.