App Review Emsisoft Behavior Blocker Test Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Y

yigido

Thread author

@hjlbx , @kram7750
I tested only BB feature. I closed the other protection components.
Sorry, I forgot to disable Windows Defender, it shows an alert in the video but I disabled it after.
I have to restart VM at 7.40 - 9.50 - 12.40 mins, you will see the CPU shows %100 sometimes and VM is not usable. Sometimes CPU at %5-6 but I cannot click on "quarantine to block the action.
I also disabled Malware Network to make BB naked. In my opinion it needs to be improved.
Please do not misunderstood the review, it is a BB review only BB. EAM is good product with all its components. :)
Request here, I hope I can did the review as you want :)

M

MalwareT

Thread author
Nice video but i have a suggestion: You should speed it up ( in Camtasia add 125/150% speedup value).

Reactions: yigido

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I was expecting a better performance from BB but lets not be greedy;)
I beleive Emsisoft BB did good but needs improvement.
Thanks for the great review yigido:)

Reactions: yigido

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Ever since Emsisoft mess with my life, their zero day protection has been going downhill.

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Thank you very much, Yigido.

Emsi Behavior Blocker is good, but I see some issues on my system:

• If BB and AMN alerts appear at same time, then EAM/EIS might hang/freeze, alerts appear with no info, etc.
  • Sometimes BB alerts mis-behave

I think the issue you confirm is that EAM/EIS sometimes hang when running apps are quarantined via the BB detail alert. In addition, I know, for sure, that if a running application is manually added to Quaratine then EAM/EIS will hang/freeze and/or return error message.

Yigido you should post link to your video on Emsisoft support forum so that Development (Frank H or Fabian Wosar) can see for themselves (Oh, they probably already know about the issues, but sometimes it is good to show them BB issues are being scrutinized...:rolleyes:)

Everyone should report their specific issues while using EAM/EIS to Emsi support.

Reactions: kiric96

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.