Emsisoft - Buy 1 & Get 2 Free (Promo)

miketan77

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2014
Promotion until end of this month (30/5/15).

banner_700x300_promo_en.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
That's an excellent buy, if I knew how to answer HIP's alerts I would use Emsisoft.

According to this blog

Broadly speaking, a HIPS does not generally classify software as malware, but only alerts of suspicious processes. An exception to this is found in a supplementary feature of Emsisoft Online Armor that detects known malicious software by means of hash values. A hash is a unique checksum that is created from data of an existing file. This value will be compared to Emsisoft’s own cloud database, the “Emsisoft Anti-Malware Network”, and any file recognized as malware will be blocked. The final decision about whether to block or allow the action is still up to the user and their knowledge.

So the cloud reputation based like from BB of Emsisoft should be your basis to understand all the information as provide from pop up.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
I should say that the block function provided by its behavior blocker is confusing.
For example, the behavior blocker can allow or block the "Backdoor related activity".
It is obvious that a "backdoor activity" should be blocked, while a "non-backdoor activity" could be allowed. But what is a "backdoor related activity"? I cannot understand what refers to.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.