App Review Emsisoft Emergency Kit: Malware Removal Test (MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi ! I'm always trying to learn new things. I'm very interested in malware, so I can help seniors in my retirement village.
I seen you're thread and I down loaded and ran Emsisoft Emergency Kit. Scanned 60% really fast and found two problems in the registry and then it took for ever to complete the scan and didn't find any more problems. I run MSE and MBAM Pro. They scan daily!
I'm attaching screen shot. I guess the program is OK, but seemed rather slow and really didn't find much, which is a good thing!!
Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 388

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
MalwareDoctor, I am continually impressed and appreciative while also benefiting from your reviews. As a direct result of this particular one, I shall be adding Emsisoft Emergency Kit to my humble arsenal of free scanners post haste!;)

Thanks, Doc!:D

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
MalwareDoctor, I am continually impressed and appreciative while also benefiting from your reviews. As a direct result of this particular one, I shall be adding Emsisoft Emergency Kit to my humble arsenal of free scanners post haste!;)

Thanks, Doc!:D
Have you ran it Cats-4? It's very slow. ESET is much faster and gets the job done IMHO.
I appreciate MalwareDoctor also. I appreciate everyone who spends there time here helping MT members.
I guess you can never have to many on line scanners. Have you tried MSE safety scanner Cats-4
Maybe someone can test it!(MalwareDoctor)??
Thanks doc!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.