App Review Emsisoft Emergency Kit Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
T

TheSuperGeek

I think Emsisoft Emergency Kit is a good on-demand scanner, very useful to scan computers without installing anything.
It detect PUPs and run on an usb key. The kit include an useful process manager with reputation scan. Another fuction of the kit : command-line scanner.
Sadely, the program is very slow on startup and can't clean up all files if you aren't Admin.

I

illumination

Correct me if im wrong, but Emsisoft Emergency Kit will install to the system it cleans, even if installed to the flashdrive. Only the paid Emergency Kit Pro flashdrive that one can buy will not install anything.

Reactions: Piteko21
T

TheSuperGeek

I used it from a flashdrive but it wasn't the lastest version.
I'll see with the new today, I'll send you the result.
But your review is good.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Quick Disclaimer:
This is NOT me, Im just sharing a review.
Matt is the owner of Remove-Malware.com and used to run a forums which some of MT admins/staff used to be apart of, correct me if Im wrong. (it was also my first tech forum)

T

TheSuperGeek

Ok, no problem...
There is no problem I just test if EEK can be launched from an USB key and the answer is : yes !

Reactions: 3link9

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.