mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Freezing and BSOD
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Acronis Image Recovery.
I had tried out the final version of EIS 9 on my desktop (trial version) after an initial smooth installation and engine updates and scan i shut down my pc. The next day, my pc began to freeze up after boot, at times the network would not boot up and had to restart the pc or i would get a BSOD. I uninstalled EIS 9, got back on Avast and all the problem solved on it's own. Forward a few days, and i tried it again, this time on my laptop also running windows 8.1 after successful installation and a restart later i was faced with the same issue all over again freezes on boot, BSOD's, etc. Things got so bad that i had to do a image recovery with Acronis, as with the PC all problem resolved when EIS 9 was uninstalled. Any one else faced a similar issue?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Your experience sounded very similar to what I'd experienced back in December, only when this occurred it was with my then windows 8 system, and not with Emsisoft 9, but Bitdefender free which I'd learned was incompatible with Windows 8 at that time.:oops:

What you shared also has my attention. Although I currently use Avast! Premier, we additionally have an Emsisoft 9 license ready for when our Avast! subscription expires. Thank you for sharing.
I wish you good luck, mercurial, with solving the difficulties you've had, and we shall be intently watching to see how things work out for you.:)

Upvote 0

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
I think your Pc may infected.
Be aware you must install Emsisoft on clean Pc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I had tried out the final version of EIS 9 on my desktop (trial version) after an initial smooth installation and engine updates and scan i shut down my pc. The next day, my pc began to freeze up after boot, at times the network would not boot up and had to restart the pc or i would get a BSOD. I uninstalled EIS 9, got back on Avast and all the problem solved on it's own. Forward a few days, and i tried it again, this time on my laptop also running windows 8.1 after successful installation and a restart later i was faced with the same issue all over again freezes on boot, BSOD's, etc. Things got so bad that i had to do a image recovery with Acronis, as with the PC all problem resolved when EIS 9 was uninstalled. Any one else faced a similar issue?
I've experienced some freezes when using EIS 9, they happened rarely and randomly . However I did not have any kind of BSOD..... Once I have uninstalled it, everything worked good again...

Upvote 0

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
I've experienced some freezes when using EIS 9, they happened rarely and randomly . However I did not have any kind of BSOD..... Once I have uninstalled it, everything worked good again...
@Jack The freezing was random for me on the desktop side maybe once every fourth boot but was irritating because it would freeze at time when i was doing something important or just casual browsing, but it totally screwed the laptop i had to do an image restore. It would start freeze and BSOD.

Reactions: omidomi
Upvote 0

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
In last year i install EAM beside Trust Port!
No slowdowns, no bugs, no BSOD. :D

Reactions: kiric96
Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Jack The freezing was random for me on the desktop side maybe once every fourth boot but was irritating because it would freeze at time when i was doing something important or just casual browsing, but it totally screwed the laptop i had to do an image restore. It would start freeze and BSOD.
It was the same on my side. My system would just freeze and the only way to "get out" of this state was to manually restart my system. It happened to 3 or 4 times, and it got annoying ...so I just uninstalled it. I did not get the BSOD but I can confirm that it froze my system.
Like you, once I've uninstalled, everything run ok! So I think it's a bug, or a conflict with a software/driver that me might have installed on our systems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
So iv'e been chilling on the Emsisoft Forums, and some of the problems discussed such as failure to boot network or freezes were due to EIS's Firewall module, according to one of the tech the modules have been updated but there are still some issues. I have mailed the minidump file for analysis, awaiting response. But for the moment i'll wait for the stable package.

Upvote 0

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Ok, so i got the reply from Emsisoft, according to the minidump of my pc it may have been an issue with the Nvidia drivers, and whether my Nvidia drivers were updated (was not) so could be that, will check it out this weekend with the updated drivers. Though i am pretty sure my Laptop drivers were all up to date, though sadly since i did a restore there is no info on the mini dump.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Do you have or did you have "Enable Beta Updates" checked in settings under Updates>Update Settings?
I always ran beta updates but last week I experienced BSOD's on Windows 7 SP1 after getting an update to the program which requires a restart.After unchecking "Enable Beta Updates" doing another update & restart that solved the issue.I have never experienced problems with Nvidia drivers & EIS,never had problems with Beta 9 versions before this.

Upvote 0

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Do you have or did you have "Enable Beta Updates" checked in settings under Updates>Update Settings?
I always ran beta updates but last week I experienced BSOD's on Windows 7 SP1 after getting an update to the program which requires a restart.After unchecking "Enable Beta Updates" doing another update & restart that solved the issue.I have never experienced problems with Nvidia drivers & EIS,never had problems with Beta 9 versions before this.

Ya, i had Beta updates on, i didn't really have much BSOD, on my desktop i think maybe twice but for the most part random freezes and network would not load. I was having constant BSOD on my laptop, which was wierd since i no longer have the minidump, guess won't really know until i run it again on my laptop. But i surely had beta updates on.

Upvote 0

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
While installing EIS 9 in windows 8.1 i get blue screen crash due to a faulty driver installation. Then system becomes unbootable.

EIS 9 needs to be removed in safe mode to get system back to normal.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Check with BlueScreenView tool on which primary file can be the purpose of BSOD when installed Emsisoft because it can be drivers installed on a critical system.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Ya, i had Beta updates on, i didn't really have much BSOD, on my desktop i think maybe twice but for the most part random freezes and network would not load. I was having constant BSOD on my laptop, which was wierd since i no longer have the minidump, guess won't really know until i run it again on my laptop. But i surely had beta updates on.
I would untick "Enable Beta Updates" I wonder if @Jack had them ticked too? The Bsod's I experienced were definitely due to the Beta update of EIS.I cannot remmeber the exact day but once unticked and updated again with restart it rolled back to the latest stable version and problem solved.It is either a coincidence that 3 of us experienced the same problem around the same time or something in t

Upvote 0

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
@exterminator20 Could be one of the beta updates was buggy or had some driver incompatibility. Would explain the scenario, which was later fixed.

On emsisoft forum, ppl did encounter some of the issue me and @Jack encountered which was fixed with an updated firewall module.

@exterminator20 : Most post EIS9 installation errors seems to be caused by "beta updates".

5ITKVA.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.