Status
Not open for further replies.

thepiratedon

Thread author
Apr 23, 2012
Hello everyone!
I decided to give Emsisoft a try.

I am just a bit confused.
Should I go for the internet security or should I go for the antimalware + online armor?

I would like to have a good hips, that I can compare to comodo.

Reactions: peymi

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Emsisoft internet Security have no hips module, its not needed because the topnotch bb. When u want hips u can use antimalware with online armor. But online armor have not the same firewall as intenet security. it becomes outdated.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
EIS 9, uses a different firewall module as compared to Online Armour. It does not include the HIPS module, but it's quite fine even without the HIPS module. If you want HIPS you can try out ESS 8.

Reactions: peymi and NSG001

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
EIS 9 would be a better choice.EAM & OA were a very good combination but on some machines it would make a noticeable impact on resources.I personally use EIS 9 myself and love the new all-in-one suite.As has been said their BB is very good and I think you would be fine with EIS 9. I would give it a try and see how you like it first before going with EAM & OA separately.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hello everyone!
I am just a bit confused.
Should I go for the internet security or should I go for the antimalware + online armor?

I would like to have a good hips, that I can compare to comodo.

Emisoft Anti-Malware + Online Armor was their "Internet Security Pack" as it combined 2 standalone products that ran alongside one another, this was the result of Emsi Software buying Tall Emu (Online Armor) at the time. They have now released their own all-in-one Internet Security.

Emsisoft Internet Security is their new product that combines their Anti-Malware, Behaviour Blocker (Mamutu) and a new Firewall built-up from scratch. I cannot comment whether it implements a HIPS component, but the answers above may provide an answer for that.

Reactions: peymi
Y

yigido

Emisoft Anti-Malware + Online Armor was their "Internet Security Pack" as it combined 2 standalone products that ran alongside one another, this was the result of Emsi Software buying Tall Emu (Online Armor) at the time. They have now released their own all-in-one Internet Security.

Emsisoft Internet Security is their new product that combines their Anti-Malware, Behaviour Blocker (Mamutu) and a new Firewall built-up from scratch. I cannot comment whether it implements a HIPS component, but the answers above may provide an answer for that.
If I am not wrong Mamutu was their HIPS software. So it is already implemented in EIS and EAM w/ Beahvior Blocker ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If I am not wrong Mamutu was their HIPS software. So it is already implemented in EIS and EAM w/ Beahvior Blocker ;)
Yes.Mamutu was a stand alone product at one time but sometime ago(maybe a couple years now) pre EIS 9 they dropped it as a standalone product.EIS 9 is now their complete all in one Security suite EAM/BB & Firewall as Huracan noted

Reactions: peymi and yigido
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.