Battle Emsisoft Internet security or Qihoo 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maanastr

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
Hi there.
One of my friend asking me about emsisoft internet security. He is fanboy of emsisoft and want to use for 1 year on his desktop pc.He has 500 gb HD but Ram is very low i.e. 1GB with core 2 duo processor of 2.80GHz.He is using Windows 7 ultimate. Before purchase he ask me a suggestion. I think,as per his pc configuration emisoft will not fit for him. but still want expert comment. is Emsisoft internet security okk for his low configuration pc? or qihoo is best choice for him?

Last edited:

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
From what I notice, Comodo Internet Security is using less then 10 MB (on my laptop). Also you can find Qihoo 360 Internet Security (32 and 64), still updated (AV updates and not program updates), this if you don't have Windows 10.

I'm using Avast Free and the memory usage it's between 24 - 28 MB (this is on my work PC)

Y

yigido

I can only talk about Emsisoft BB, other features are decent.
It is just Bitdefender, their ow (A) engine is not good (hash based detection). Without Bitdefender engine (B) it cannot detect anything.
So, I agree with OpenSecLabs, if you want to pay go to Kaspersky, if you have no money go to CIS for great protection (with right configuration)

Jimmy HendriX

Level 24
Verified
Well-known
Dec 25, 2014
Emsisoft is very heavy for its configuration is better QiHU my consumes me 48 of ram. but that's your decision.
http://www.360totalsecurity.com/es/features/360-total-security/
The solution the most complete security
More than security for your PC
360 is difficult to criticize safe at the front of protection: 99 called threats aimed at our target systems. It tends to neutralize more threats than Norton or Kaspersky instead of blocking, which means they are deported once they have made themselves at home, but the PC remains protected in any way. This is certainly the strongest of the free packages if you are considering security in isolation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21043

Emsisoft is a great product in my opinion, it'll protect you well. Although, as noted above, other products like Avast and Comodo may be good to use. A feature I like in Comodo especially is the sandboxing.

ESET have great signature detection and HIPS which can be configured to be very effective and decent
Emsisoft has a good Behaviour Blocker in my opinion.
Kaspersky has Application Control.
Avast has DeepScreen and now HIPS features/which are in development? @Secondmineboy could probably talk more than me regarding Avast.
Comodo has a sandbox to help with protection.

Qihoo has some nice features, like webcam protection (I believe, someone correct me if I am wrong), and recently I read they now have Glasswire firewall integrated for better protection. Although, I'd probably stick with Emsisoft - since the protection with Emsisoft is still good, and I trust Emsisoft more with my privacy (their privacy policy is better than Qihoo's I think).

There are so many options available, I recommend experimenting to see works best on your system. If a product works well for me, it might not for you. Different for everybody. Everyone has a favourite product sooner or later, if not now, sometime in the future.

Cheers. ;)

----------------------------------------
[I edited out this part of the post]

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

Avast will have HIPS with their update onwards but it still has some bugs here and there.
DeepScreen got alot better in Avast 2015 but maybe they have something in stock for their 2016 series :)
Avast has always been more of average users software with default settings i.e automated. So I guess & hope HIPS too with default settings will not be a hassle & will be automatic or support for BB detection, etc... Offcoz experts can always change the settings.

Any info on HIPS & how will it be?
And what are the HIPS features i.e rules/policy/criteria, what all is taken into account, etc...?

Jimmy HendriX

Level 24
Verified
Well-known
Dec 25, 2014
Emsisoft is a great product in my opinion, it'll protect you well. Although, as noted above, other products like Avast and Comodo may be good to use. A feature I like in Comodo especially is the sandboxing.

ESET have great signature detection and HIPS which can be configured to be very effective and decent
Emsisoft has a good Behaviour Blocker in my opinion.
Kaspersky has Application Control.
Avast has DeepScreen and now HIPS features/which are in development? @Secondmineboy could probably talk more than me regarding Avast.
Comodo has a sandbox to help with protection.

Qihoo has some nice features, like webcam protection (I believe, someone correct me if I am wrong), and recently I read they now have Glasswire firewall integrated for better protection. Although, I'd probably stick with Emsisoft - since the protection with Emsisoft is still good, and I trust Emsisoft more with my privacy (their privacy policy is better than Qihoo's I think).

There are so many options available, I recommend experimenting to see works best on your system. If a product works well for me, it might not for you. Different for everybody. Everyone has a favourite product sooner or later, if not now, sometime in the future.

Cheers. ;)

----------------------------------------
[I edited out this part of the post][/QUOTE

if Qihu has the firewall glasswire

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Emsisoft AM is very good and on my system i find it very light the same as Eset.
My system has a processor core 2 duo 2.26 Ghz but i have 4 GB RAM DDR2.
I am using it for the past 6 months and never got infected.
As for lightness here is what my Task manager is saying
Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.