EnormouSales not being removed.

Persona

Thread author
Apr 30, 2015
EnormouSales all over Google Chrome

I have tried removing it with multiple programs, none of the programs seem to recognize the virus. I have tried adwcleaner, malwarebytes, hitman and a few others.

I have also reset my Google Chrome settings, it removed the ads for a few days then they somehow got added back....

I know people will ask me for logs, I don't think it's necessary in my opinion, you should take my word on it but I will provide if you ask

THANKS

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Helllo,

My name is Argus and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.

Before we begin, please note the following:
  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
  • Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
  • Instructions that I give are for your system only!
  • Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
  • Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
  • Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not be able to help you if you do not follow my instructions.

51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
Scan with ZOEK

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop (preferred version is the *.exe one)
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on
    51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Wait patiently until the main console will appear, it may take a minute or two.
  • In the main box please paste in the following script:
    Code:
    createsrpoint;
    autoclean;
    emptyalltemp;
    ipconfig /flushdns;b
  • Make sure that Scan All Users option is checked.
  • Push Run Script and wait patiently. The scan may take a couple of minutes.
  • When the scan completes, a zoek-results logfile should open in notepad.
  • If a reboot is needed, it will be opened after it. You may also find it at your main drive (usually C:\ drive)

Post its content into your next reply.

Persona

Thread author
Apr 30, 2015
Helllo,

• I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
  • Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
  • Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
  • Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not be able to help you if you do not follow my instructions.

51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
Scan with ZOEK

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop (preferred version is the *.exe one)
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on
    51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
  • Wait patiently until the main console will appear, it may take a minute or two.
    Code:
    createsrpoint;
    autoclean;
    emptyalltemp;
    ipconfig /flushdns;b
  • If a reboot is needed, it will be opened after it. You may also find it at your main drive (usually C:\ drive)

Attachments

• zoek-results.txt
    13.5 KB · Views: 46

Persona

Thread author
Apr 30, 2015
Helllo,

51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
Scan with ZOEK

• Right-click on
    51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Code:
    createsrpoint;
    autoclean;
    emptyalltemp;
    ipconfig /flushdns;b

The adware is really annoying, I hope to get rid of it as soon as possible :*(

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Re-run zoek and run this script:

Code:
createsrpoint;
autoclean;
mdlbpjioajnbhkccphfbmkleghiaonje;chr
dogdoihocdkadpalbghcpfafbojcfofa;chr
mhcemedeoibgghggoiihmklebabeiphl;chr
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences;f
chrdefaults;

Persona

Thread author
Apr 30, 2015
Re-run zoek and run this script:

Code:
createsrpoint;
autoclean;
mdlbpjioajnbhkccphfbmkleghiaonje;chr
dogdoihocdkadpalbghcpfafbojcfofa;chr
mhcemedeoibgghggoiihmklebabeiphl;chr
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences;f
chrdefaults;

Look at my last reply please

Persona

Thread author
Apr 30, 2015
How is the situation now?
It got rid of the adware but my internet is still really slow despite having 20mb. I'm not very tech savvy so I was wondering if you could help me fix this? It might be due to some malware. Thank you for helping me get rid of the adware.

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
I do not see active malware, We'll run another test.

Download
51a5f31352b88-icon_MBAR.png
Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.
  • Double-click the icon to start the tool.
  • It will ask you where to extract it, then it will start.
  • Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.
  • Click in the introduction screen "next" to continue.
  • Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.
  • Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".
  • When the scan is finished and no malware has been found select "Exit".
  • If malware was detected, make sure to check all the items and click "Cleanup". Reboot your computer.
  • Open the MBAR folder and paste the content of the following files in your next reply:
    • "mbar-log-{date} (xx-xx-xx).txt"
    • "system-log.txt"

Persona

Thread author
Apr 30, 2015
I do not see active malware, We'll run another test.

Download
51a5f31352b88-icon_MBAR.png
Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.
  • Double-click the icon to start the tool.
  • It will ask you where to extract it, then it will start.
  • Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.
  • Click in the introduction screen "next" to continue.
  • Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.
  • Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".
  • When the scan is finished and no malware has been found select "Exit".
  • If malware was detected, make sure to check all the items and click "Cleanup". Reboot your computer.
  • Open the MBAR folder and paste the content of the following files in your next reply:
    • "mbar-log-{date} (xx-xx-xx).txt"
    • "system-log.txt"
Hey! Sorry I did not see this post. The EnormouSales comes back every few weeks, how do I permanently remove it?

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Export your bookmarks
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96816?hl=en

Close all Chrome windows and tabs.
Go to the Start menu > Control Panel.
Click Programs and Features.
Double-click Google Chrome.
Click Uninstall from the confirmation dialog. Delete your user profile information, like your browser preferences, bookmarks, and history, select the "Also delete your browsing data" checkbox.

Click Start, copy in search %LOCALAPPDATA%\ and remove folder Google

Download and install Chrome
https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/desktop/

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.