Erycina's Config

Erycina

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2014
Nice config i would add Privazer if it was me. ;) Thanks for sharing. :)

Hi there,

I tried Privazer before, but it somehow corrupted something in my registry (even though I disabled the registry part of the cleaning process). I ended up restoring my OS. After what happened, I just stick by CCleaner and weekly to monthly backups. Thanks for the suggestion and comments, though...

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Hi there,

I tried Privazer before, but it somehow corrupted something in my registry (even though I disabled the registry part of the cleaning process). I ended up restoring my OS. After what happened, I just stick by CCleaner and weekly to monthly backups. Thanks for the suggestion and comments, though...
Fair enough. :)

H

hjlbx

Hello Erycina,

EIS + Shadow Defender is a solid security configuration.

I would suggest adding AOMEI Backupper free or the free Professional 2.2 version license here at MT Give-A-Way subforum.

Reactions: Erycina

Erycina

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2014
Hello Erycina,

EIS + Shadow Defender is a solid security configuration.

I would suggest adding AOMEI Backupper free or the free Professional 2.2 version license here at MT Give-A-Way subforum.

Thanks! I'll check out the other software you mentioned...

Erycina

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2014
I removed HerdProtect and replaced it with MBAM. I also replaced Macrium Reflect with AIOMEI Backupper. Finally, I added VoodooShield (which disabled UAC) and am trying it out for about a week before I decide to install it on my other PC.

Reactions: scot and frogboy

Erycina

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2014
EIS and/or VS seemed to bog down my browsing and system in general. I switched over to CIS with HMP.A3 and tidied up my list of on-demand scanners (ZAM is sufficient). Re-enabled UAC to default settings as well and changed main browsers to IE11 (for launching Citrix only... and maybe as a last-resort backup in case primary browser fails to load a website) and Pale Moon. I reformatted my main PC from Win 7 to Win 8.1 prior to the aforementioned security config as I prefer the latter's UI and quick performance. After setting up everything, I'm back to faster (and secured) browsing, working, gaming and overall... rapid performance.

Erycina

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2014
Is anyone else having problems activating HitmanPro.Alert 3? I have a paid 3-PC license subscription, but every time I type in my key, I get the green bar above the field that starts, then stops half way. I looked at the FAQs in the HMP site and tried all the solutions... still no go... even under Safe Mode. I already emailed the help desk about this, but they may not get back to me until Monday. Any suggestions on resolving a persistent Error 20 prompt in the mean time?

By the way, I have the latest 3.0.38 build 183 version, if that helps.

Erycina

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2014
Support for HMPA3 got back to me this morning, stating some hardware failure in their data center that occurred over the weekend. They fixed that error, and I was able to activate my HMPA3 today. Switched from IE11 to Opera 28 with the usual extensions. Added AOMEI OneKey Recovery to make another backup of my system in another partition of current hard drive (can't hurt to create a 3rd backup). Changed from CIS to CFW only with UAC disabled (still on proactive mode with sandbox set to fully virtualized/untrusted and HIPS off with everything else automated). Also switched from regular Adobe Reader to the lighter and faster PDF-Xchange Editor and added EEK to my on-demand scanner setup.

Reactions: Ink

Erycina

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2014
I placed UAC to "Always notify", as well as re-added CIS (with same proactive settings/HIPs off/fully virtualized plus MVPS hosts file) and MBAM - free. I removed Opera and replaced it with Slimjet, which seems to be faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: JM Safe

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Very good config and very good PC, but I suggest you to install Mozilla Firefox and DownThemAll! extension.
In addition you can also install Bitdefender 60 virus scanner. ;)

Erycina

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2014
Very good config and very good PC, but I suggest you to install Mozilla Firefox and DownThemAll! extension.
In addition you can also install Bitdefender 60 virus scanner. ;)

Hi, thanks for the positive comments, but I tried DownloadThemAll! before with regular FF and now, Pale Moon. It's great when it works, but it's inconsistent in performance. My normal d/l and u/l speeds are great as they are right now, so no issues in that department. Thanks, though! I'll take a look at that virus scanner as well...

Erycina

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2014
Update: Comodo's AV is definitely not that great, to be honest. However, I do know that it's considered the last-resort feature in case the auto-sandboxing, virusscope, etc. features fail to detect anything (I have yet to see that happen). So until Comodo decides to ramp it up with the AV, I decided to just stick with the CFW part of it with same settings (mentioned above), along with VS and cloud features turned on. I am still keeping my hosts file for the web filter part of it, too. Tried the Bitdefender virus scanner, but I still believe that Zemana and HMPA3 are more than enough on this computer. Slimjet's a bit quirky on my machine, so I reinstalled Opera 29.0 since it's more stable on my end. Kept UAC on 'always notify' as well...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nirv5668

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.