Erycina's Config

Erycina

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2014
Working with NS for now with customized settings... seems like it has better performance on my PC compared to the Avira/WFC/VS setup.

H

hjlbx

Working with NS for now with customized settings... seems like it has better performance on my PC compared to the Avira/WFC/VS setup.

• Avira
  • BitDefender
  • Comodo
  • Emisosft
  • ESET
  • Kaspersky
  • Norton

Use any of these and you should have good base-line security. With this many options you're apt to find something that works well on your specific system and for you.

Erycina

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2014
  • Avira
  • BitDefender
  • Comodo
  • Emisosft
  • ESET
  • Kaspersky
  • Norton
Use any of these and you should have good base-line security. With this many options you're apt to find something that works well on your specific system and for you.

Yes, I'm using NS, or Norton Security, for now...

Erycina

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2014
Changed real-time protection to EIS 10 (a lot faster in performance and always liked their CS) and AppGuard (lighter than VS on my system and on "locked" mode). Everything else remains the same. Will try to keep this same setup for two weeks and see how it actually works on my PC while running work programs 10 hours a day.

Erycina

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2014
Added:

1. Sandboxie Free - Created separate sandboxes for Chrome and Firefox. Still trying to figure out how to sandbox
Outlook 2013 and other MS Office programs without errors. And yes, I am aware of the restrictions of this version vs. the paid one.

2. NVT Exe Radar Pro (Trial) - Testing this program out under Lockdown Mode (Extreme) after putting system under Learning Mode first.

Removed:

1. AppGuard - Not quite as user-friendly as either VoodooShield/NVT. I chose NVT this time because it seems lighter on my specific PC without having to turn off UAC.

With my updated setup, I am looking at an average of 20 - 21 percent in RAM and about 0 - 3 percent in CPU and disk usage. Not bad...

Erycina

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2014
Removed:

1. Sandboxie Free
2. NVT

Re-added:

AppGuard

Note: A baseline security suite, anti-exploit and anti-exec, along with the ondemand scanners and browser add-ons, are enough for what I'm doing. AppGuard, when lowered at Medium (Lockdown presents issues when gaming) protection level, works well for me. No need for LV software as I'm not testing/downloading malware intentionally...

Erycina

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2014
Removed:
- WOT = very unreliable. Legit sites (that I know and frequent since they are safe) were flagged for some reason.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.