Battle ESET 8 vs Kaspersky Internet Security 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
I know a lot of people said Kaspersky was a great way to go however now.. Eset 8 protects from 0 day, Java exploit and now botnet protection by stopping communication with Rouge servers.. Who wins now?

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
*Resource Usage-> eset (but kaspersky improved!)
*Real World System Impact-> eset
*User Friendliness-> kaspersky
*User Interface-> same as
*Level of Protection and Features-> kaspersky
*Overall Winner-> kaspersky
win-> kaspersky!

Reactions: Bill7 and tonibalas

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
They are both neck to neck when it deals on comparison but if terms of response time for emerging new threats then its for ESET. However its not already a disadvantage for KIS cause despite of good database collection, their heavy duty components does perform solid.

Last edited:

Gdant

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2014
It depends upon your PC usage and how often you came across any virus or malware..
If you want very tight security for your PC but can compromise with your system resources then go for Kaspersky..
if you want tight protection (though not as Kaspersky) but less resource usages then go for ESET..
I am using ESET and till now I have got no problem even no threat so it's good for medium level users.

Reactions: Bill7 and Kent

ahmad123

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
In terms of ease of use, Eset works much more as a fire and forget single setup software that requires very little – if any – user input after you have installed and configured the software and works very well for any person or business that wants antivirus software that is innocuous and runs almost totally unnoticed. Kaspersky can be set up to also have a low-grade influence, but it is often such a noticeable power drain while it is running that it will still be felt even if it is not directly asking for user input. This again shows Kaspersky’s devotion to more powerful corporate machines rather than those in the homes of basic users.

In terms of service and prevention, Kaspersky vs. Eset uses two very different ideological approaches. Kaspersky uses a database provided by users that stores information on browsing habits and potential infections. Eset employs a detection system that identifies potential threats based on file behavior rather than user history. Both have dedicated service and system revival services in the event of an infection, so while they may use different approaches, both are immensely dedicated to accomplishing complete security.

The question of which antivirus software between Kaspersky vs. Eset will accomplish the required tasks depends entirely on your needs. Both will give you outstanding protection against virus invasions, spyware, adware, Trojans, phishing and hacker attacks. Kaspersky will work better for more powerful machines that can offer the extensive power necessary to run the software, as well as a slightly more complicated setup, while Eset offers similar protection that is not as heavily customizable, but uses much smaller amounts of processing power to provide antivirus protection.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
100% Kaspersky. I'm currently using their new Total Security 2015, and just like Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 the protection offered, with components not offered by any other antivirus i.e., the ability to rollback malware actions, anti-spam, anti-banner and much, much more.

Reactions: Bill7

Cehson

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
I used KIS 2015 recently for 1,5 weeks, and i switched to ESET SS8, because i noticed problems with updates with kis. It would not update for like 8h...and i got sick of babysitting it -.- .It would happen if im in some sort of full screen mode (gaming or movie watching),its like it doesnt go out of gaming mode or something in that nature. I cant accept paid AV at that lvl and reputation to behave like that. And further more, what i noticed that no AV program is light and responsive like ESET.Also I have set it up by mr. Umbra's Eset guide and it works like a charm. No more switching for me :).

Ohh and one more thing, i noticed alot more of disc activity from KIS...its reading something all the time :D , while Eset is much more disc "sillent". Im not fan of eather of the programs. Cheers all :)

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Sometimes Kaspersky will not update for 12-15hrs so that is normal, it may have high disk usage but even the United States has admitted nothing will beat Kaspersky and is the fastest growing anti-malware company to date.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Both have their pros and cons.

On a nutshell, Kaspersky has a very decent protection modules and can be easier to configure, while ESET can be a bit daunting when a user starts looking at custom rules in its HIPS modules, unless one prefers to go via the Learning mode to then set as Smart Mode or go crazy via the Interactive Mode.

On powerful systems, Kaspersky doesn't show much of a slow down at all, but then if you load ESET on the same system, you will see a small difference.

Kaspersky came a long way on version 2015 with their performance/system impact improvements, while ESET remained what it always been post version 5.

To be honest, I would recommend either as there wouldn't be a clear winner. Despite both have different approaches, both protect the user fairly well in their own way.

If however you do not have a rather powerful system and unless you do mind a slowdown on boot, then I would recommend ESET.

If not, either is fine.

Bill7

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 8, 2014
In terms of protection both products provide very good protection but Eset is lighter than Kaspersky.I would recoment Kaspersky over Eset though

Reactions: Cehson
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.