Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hello!

I just received a genuine email from Symantec offering 10-user license keys for Norton Security with Backup (2015) valid for 1 year for being a beta tester... should I grab it?

I am currently using ESET Nod32 8 and I can use ESET 8 for as long as I want... Hmmm... I know both products are good and light, but ESET is a bit lighter.

I don't worry about Norton's average detections for I am a careful PC user. Maybe Norton's Backup of 25 GB is a big PLUS.

Or maybe I could use Norton for a year then return to ESET ;)

Reactions: frogboy and Kent

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Use ESET till December then Norton for a year. I am going to do that as i got keys also. ;)
Yeah, keys valid if activated before on/before Dec 15. Then you believe it offers adequate protection?

I think Norton is better than ESET
How could you say that? Pls explain ;) How long have you been using Norton? Are you using latest Norton?

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterToto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Really? Are you using the new 2015 products? How can you say it has improved? What if I'm offline, can it protect me?
I tried it recently and I can say it's a very good product ,by the past it was not but it becomed a really good suite. Just take a look at the reviews you'll see,even if you're offline you're protected.

Reactions: frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Norton says this.
Threat Assessment
Wild
  • Wild Level: Low
  • Number of Infections: 0 - 49
  • Number of Sites: 0 - 2
  • Geographical Distribution: Low
  • Threat Containment: Easy
  • Removal: Easy

breathejustice

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
Norton says this.
Threat Assessment
Wild
  • Wild Level: Low
  • Number of Infections: 0 - 49
  • Number of Sites: 0 - 2
  • Geographical Distribution: Low
  • Threat Containment: Easy
  • Removal: Easy
It's lie... See the forum...There are three threads about the removal of poweliks malware infection.
Nobody can solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.