Eset v9 is released

Status
Not open for further replies.

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
@technology False positive, safely ignore. ZuneMusic is a Windows Store app (aka Xbox Music / Groove).

It was reported during the ESET 9 Beta too (Protocol Filtering Problem - ESET Beta Products for Home Users - ESET Security Forum).

Does this (Adjust Protocol filtering settings to prevent computer disruptions due to network traffic scanning (4.x)—ESET Knowledgebase) resolve the message? Change setting, Save and reboot PC.
thnx huracan for reply, I know its false positive im just wondering how the stable version out with this ! also ssl connection error is there !
i think they were in need of more time before release the stable version.

Anurag Kuradia

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 17, 2014
Secure Banking & Payment Protection also working on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Windows 10 home x64 also.
Did you uninstall version 8 and restart your PC then install version 9.Also all browsers and email clients should also be closed during version 9 installation
yup my installation was correct and clean .

I

illumination

Installation was fine here on windows 10 64 bit, everything working correctly so far.

Reactions: Nedim

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
If i uninstall v9 reboot and then install it again will i lose my license???

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If i uninstall v9 reboot and then install it again will i lose my license???
No as long as you have your activation code.If you have a Username & Password from version 8 you need to convert it to an activation code and then keep the activation code in a safe place should you need to reinstall it.If you convert the Username & password to an activation code I would keep both in a safe place.
You can convert a Username & Password to an activation code here myESET

Last edited:

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Do you experience some bugs in new v9 version? I found this on some forums
wIUwWmM.png

Reactions: XhenEd

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
No as long as you have your activation code.If you have a Username & Password from version 8 you need to convert it to an activation code and then keep the activation code in a safe place should you need to reinstall it.If you convert the Username & password to an activation code I would keep both in a safe place.
You can convert a Username & Password to an activation code here myESET
No what i mean will it remember my activation after reinstall??? I did not uninstall v8 and installed v9 on top of v8 and it automatically was activated so now if i uninstall v9 with windows uninstaller then reboot and install v9 again will it remember my activation or it will ask me to activate it again.

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Like ESET 8 a lot... but unfortunately this last version is heavy on resources and is slowing down my computer. Now, i have Emsisoft in my laptop and ESET 8 in my PC desktop

Reactions: Maxxx58

Anurag Kuradia

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 17, 2014
for those having problem with Eset Secure Banking & Payment Protection just install firefox browser and make it your defaut browser(temporarily)

Anurag Kuradia

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 17, 2014
Actually, you just have to set Internet expolrer as your default broswer first
To set Internet Explorer as the default browser:
  1. Click the Tools button in the top-right corner of the browser, then select Internet Options.
  2. The Internet Options dialog box will appear. Select the Programs tab. ...
  3. Locate and select Make Internet Explorer the default browser, then click OK.
After than click on ESET Banking & Payment protection and it will ask for broswer at some point Now just select your favorite browser. ;):)

Reactions: Malakke and Maxxx58
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.