Euphoriabuzz configuration

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Since your looking for new AV then lots of options likely based on your compiter knowledge.

Free AV: Avast free or Avira Free both have good performance and stability.

Free Internet Suites: Qihoo 360 Internet Security ( multi engines)

Trialware: Norton Internet Security or Kaspersky Internet Security (both were decent at stock/default settings therefore no need to worry about)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
frogboy's suggestions cannot miss, as well as jamescv7's & Sr. Normal's!:) (I type so slowly!:rolleyes:)
(update: If you take follow the tip to use the greater security of LastPass, un-mark the options in Chrome for remembering your passwords!)

On Google Chrome there is a third party cookie blocker. To access this, and better secure your privacy,
  1. Go to settings >> scroll down to the bottom
  2. Under "Go to advanced settings"
  3. Under Privacy >> Content settings...
  4. Check "Block third-party cookies and site data...". Also mark "Keep local data only until you close your browser.
  • After <clicking> Done veryify the box "Enable phishing and malware protection" is marked
  • Before leaving, you'd might as well "Clear browsing data" (beside Content settings...)
Thank you for sharing your configuration,
  • Browsing in "Incognito" deletes cookies & history at end of session.
  • I use Incognito whenever I use Chrome, and in "Extensions" mark boxes "allow in incognito" accordingly
Thank you for sharing your configuration, euphoriabuzz, and (if you make it all the way down here) for reading this Constitutional length draft!:D

Last edited:

euphoriabuzz

Thread author
Dec 11, 2014
Done, many thanks Cats-4-owners-2 and everyone, am going to try Avira out tomorrow.
As for last pass - is that considered to be a safe option by many of you? if it was hacked then do they not have access to all your passwords?

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Done, many thanks Cats-4-onwers-2 and everyone, am going to try Avira out tomorrow.
As for last pass - is that considered to be a safe option by many of you? if it was hacked then do they not have access to all your passwords?
Originally, this was also of great concern to me. I spoke to "The Lord Marshal" (exterminator20) whom informed me they use encryption security. Additionally, I always use their encrypted site (there is a screen keyboard there) rather than the log in pop up. You'll also be given choices for using (optional) 2 step authentication. I use the very top part of the screen keyboard page to additionally keep (hood) the character progress out of sight. Many of my most secure 19 character 'generated' passwords I do not know. I wrote some down to give myself an option, but have not yet had to look them up on the 3 by 5 card where they are written; but you'll see for yourself just how easy and secure LastPass can transform your life into being. Can you tell that I like it?;):D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Done, many thanks Cats-4-owners-2 and everyone, am going to try Avira out tomorrow.

Its normal that those can have vulnerabilities but password managers contains robust features for strong protection and cannot easily cracked by any intruders. You may also try to use random password generator built in for Lastpass as your master password. ;)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
What would you like in an AV, a paid AV or a Free AV?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.