App Review [Exclu] Comodo Internet Security Premium BETA v8 2015 (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

Manzai

Thread author

URL:

Comodo blocks any malware URLs.

Malware Pack:

Comodo not good job. The Sandbox block 5 Trojan. Comodo missed a many of Trojans, Droppers and RAT.
The firewall was not alerted to the connections between the computer and the Internet.
In the end, a Ransomware Batch block the computer.

Thoughts: I am very disappointed with this BETA version, Comodo has a lot of remedial work and improvements !

Stars (for the BETA) => 2/5 => Bad

@MikeV requests

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Bad results but it is a beta so i think we need to wait for the final release.
However the first impression is quite disappointing....

P.S. Comodo said that viruscope is improved now and it is active by default - In this test viruscope was sleeping.

I hope Comodo team to do the best they can to truly improve their product otherwise the future of Comodo will not be so bright.....

It is pointless to say that Manzai did a great test once more...(music also fits with the test)

Last edited:
Reactions: Manzai

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Manzai- The Winlock did not block the system. You may have noticed that there is only two settings for the Sandbox now- Enabled or Disabled. All now is the setting I've been pounding the table for, Full V. Please re=run the Locker.exe sample. It can be totally cleared by either Resetting the sandbox or rebooting the computer. Note also that at the Full V setting you will see many things in memory- but these would be in Virtual memory. Once again reset and they will be gone.

The important thing for any other testers to note that this is NOT the poor default setting Comodo of previous versions (the Partially limited junk).

Finally, I just tried out a number of samples and still got an Outbound network alert in all cases.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Personally i think people here are not as focus as they should be,for me running comodo 8 beta for the first time will force me to find out if they had address previous problems that were left unsolved such as,does comodo firewall 8 beta summit unknown file or does it still give you the message that the said file that is block by comodo can't be found,does comodo firewall still block some windows legit file from hooking to the net,how about when setting sandbox to Fully Virtualized does it return to partially limited or some other automatically & they are more serious problem that they fail to address in previous updates,well that is my 2 cents worth,thank you guys.:)

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Terry-
1). As I noted above, there is only one Sandbox setting, Full V.
2). Anything Comodo does not recognize will go into the Sandbox. If you know it is good you can add it to trusted. I have (don't tell anyone) a cracked File manager that I use to test just this, and it works fine.
3). I know many have had issues with file submission. Personally I could care less about this function so must plead ignorance.

Also note- HIPS is on by default, Sandbox is off by default. If you Enable Sandbox, you have no need for the HIPS which can be safely disabled.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Terry-
1). As I noted above, there is only one Sandbox setting, Full V.
2). Anything Comodo does not recognize will go into the Sandbox. If you know it is good you can add it to trusted. I have (don't tell anyone) a cracked File manager that I use to test just this, and it works fine.
3). I know many have had issues with file submission. Personally I could care less about this function so must plead ignorance.

Also note- HIPS is on by default, Sandbox is off by default. If you Enable Sandbox, you have no need for the HIPS which can be safely disabled.

As you are a Lady i'll put comodo in context that you'll understand where i'm coming from.1: you butt up on a guy that you admire,while chatting he advertise about his sexual state of affairs in which he stated how good his features work okkkkkk then!
But to your avail you discover that he needs help,features & state broken,you let him know he should not have put it out there in the first place if he knew performance was lacking,seek help for him only to find out that he always come back broken,don't you think it's time enough
that he gets toss?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
thanks for your test! I was interested what's new in COMODO V.8 ...;)

Reactions: Manzai

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.