App Review [Exclusive] Vipre Internet Security 2015 Final (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

Manzai

Thread author

URL:

VIPRE block all URL except one.

Malware Pack:

VIPRE detects very little file with the scan. It's blocks several file with IDS and HIPS. 2 hidden trojans bypass Vipre and 7 trojan is installed wihout alert by Vipre. Then a Trojan attempts to infect svchost.exe, VIPRE blocks all attacks.

RAM Usage : Good, Vipre is light ( 50 - 100Mb )

Opinion: Good antivirus, but still needs to improve. => 3/5

@Malware Test requests

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Vipre has one of the best url filter, and it is light on system,but behavior blocker/hips needs a lot of work.....
P.S. MY GOD this DARK THEME.............
yeux-coeur.gif

Reactions: Manzai

davhag49

Level 1
Verified
Dec 1, 2013
I love my Eset Smart Security and my Webroot and switch back from time to time. I have never been able to fully trust the older versions of viper and they have not been great in test. How is this new version going to be in a few months down the road?

davhag49

Level 1
Verified
Dec 1, 2013
This version is much better than the older! They get stronger with time.

They had a special on NewEgg a while back a a decent price for I think, not sure, but I think 15 computers.
If I see it again with 3 to five, or 15 with a great price, might try it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.